• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 SX210 engines will not start

Kmiller50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2020 SX 210. I store my boat in the summer at a dry stack facility. I went to pick the boat up and bring it home recently and the battery was dead. I had to use a jump box to get it started. It drove fine back to the ramp and when I got home I charged the battery. I went to change the oil and now the engines will not turn over and the info screen and radio will not come on. The blower, lights, horn and bilge all come on but nothing else. Any idea what’s going on?

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Your battery maybe fried. Aka not enough power.

Kmiller50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your battery maybe fried. Aka not enough power.
I thought that might be the case. I took it back to where I purchased it in May and they tested it. It passed and they told me it was fine.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I thought that might be the case. I took it back to where I purchased it in May and they tested it. It passed and they told me it was fine.
How did they test it - with a meter on the battery in the boat?
Or did they pull the battery and bench test it with a load?

I'm guessing the former and they simply checked surface voltage which doesn't test for "starting" conditions with a heavy load. I'll also guess the battery is fried like Russel said and you need to replace it. Make sure you keep it charged and maintained somehow...on-board charging is usually the best way with a good smart charger that will charge and maintain your batteries during non-use periods. Putting it in a dry-stack for several weeks can weaken good batteries. Batteries that are already weak can be fried in a few weeks of storage. If you don't drive the boat long enough to fully re-charge the batteries in the water, then sticking in a dry-stack with partially charged batteries for weeks is a sure fire way to kill them.

Kmiller50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I switched the battery this morning with a new battery and still nothing from the engines.

Kmiller50

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
UPDATE… I found a fuse on each engine that had blown. I switched those out. Now the engines turn over but still no radio.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
UPDATE… I found a fuse on each engine that had blown. I switched those out. Now the engines turn over but still no radio.
Look for a fuse for the radio - I think there's one at the back of the head unit.

A bigger question is why did the fuses blow? Fuses only blow when too much current is drawn through them, like a short. If you can find the cause of the blown fuses, that will probably answer all your questions.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look for a fuse for the radio - I think there's one at the back of the head unit.

A bigger question is why did the fuses blow? Fuses only blow when too much current is drawn through them, like a short. If you can find the cause of the blown fuses, that will probably answer all your questions.
Or when you jump a battery backwards or on the 24V setting…