• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Yamaha AR210 Seat Cushion Rips

joepa9107

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All -

Looking for advice. At the beginning of the year, we noticed that the seams were starting to come apart from the vinyl (see picture) in a couple of our cushions. Now as we near the end of the season, we noticed this was happening to four of them.

I reached out to our local Yamaha dealer and unfortunately, we’re beyond the manufacturer warranty of 1 year. Looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue and what they’ve done to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

knoxboatin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, ours is a 2021 but same tear in what looks like the same spot by the bend in the piping on right front seat. This is the seat that I have knelt on regularly when tossing out and pulling in the anchor, so I sort of blamed my 210 lb self, but yeah it seems kind of crappy for a new-ish $45k boat to be coming apart at the seams. Chalked it up to Covid-era workmanship by the cushion provider. I bought a replacement cushion that is still in-box in my basement for future, but the seam tear has not gotten any worse. I suppose I had better check the other seats too. We are super-easy on the upholstery, mostly just myself and my wife, or a couple guests occasionally, no kids, dogs, and always stored with mooring cover and now in a fully-enclosed dry rack. Most of our time on the boat is spent on the swim platform. Was always wondering if it could be convincingly repaired...

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take it to an upholstery shop

joepa9107

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, ours is a 2021 but same tear in what looks like the same spot by the bend in the piping on right front seat. This is the seat that I have knelt on regularly when tossing out and pulling in the anchor, so I sort of blamed my 210 lb self, but yeah it seems kind of crappy for a new-ish $45k boat to be coming apart at the seams. Chalked it up to Covid-era workmanship by the cushion provider. I bought a replacement cushion that is still in-box in my basement for future, but the seam tear has not gotten any worse. I suppose I had better check the other seats too. We are super-easy on the upholstery, mostly just myself and my wife, or a couple guests occasionally, no kids, dogs, and always stored with mooring cover and now in a fully-enclosed dry rack. Most of our time on the boat is spent on the swim platform. Was always wondering if it could be convincingly repaired...
Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciated. So...we bought our boat right when COVID hit. Not sure if that had a direct relation, but could be? I'm going to contact a local upholstery shop today and see what they think. At this point, I have four cushions that need fixed. Will advise how this works out. Best of luck to you with your cushions.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's total crap. These things should be able to stand up to years of use before coming apart like that. You spend good hard earned money and get a crap product with only 1 year warranty. I'm angry and frustrated for you.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That should be warranty. Complete BS