• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 195S Sept Updates

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Getting close to the end of September. Hoping for some updated rumors about the 195S. Share: How long ago did you put down your deposit. What are the recent updates from your dealer? Any real info on what is the specific product or parts that is delaying shipment - is it the windshields or the flux capacitor? How many of us are out here still waiting?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Are you saying the 2021 models include a flux capacitor???

I want one!

🤪

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Getting close to the end of September. Hoping for some updated rumors about the 195S. Share: How long ago did you put down your deposit. What are the recent updates from your dealer? Any real info on what is the specific product or parts that is delaying shipment - is it the windshields or the flux capacitor? How many of us are out here still waiting?
Been with You, Stan, and Holly Acres since July 21 and still waiting. There was an update in another thread from Yamaha Factory. Still waiting on parts Connext and windshields.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Been with You, Stan, and Holly Acres since July 21 and still waiting. There was an update in another thread from Yamaha Factory. Still waiting on parts Connext and windshields.
Yep, still waiting. I called Shan last week, and although I'm in the "system" (YDS I presume?), no date for delivery.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey WV: If they deliver late November how does that unfold here in Va. Would you do a test drive in the cold waters and then turn around and winterize the boat? Shan stated he could store the boat but it would be outside. It would be odd to finalize a deal/pay without some type of assurance that the boat is properly working. I'm not concerned about engine performance but more the Connext system.

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I put deposit down last month. Agreed take delivery in January to hopefully get boat show warranty included.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey WV: If they deliver late November how does that unfold here in Va. Would you do a test drive in the cold waters and then turn around and winterize the boat? Shan stated he could store the boat but it would be outside. It would be odd to finalize a deal/pay without some type of assurance that the boat is properly working. I'm not concerned about engine performance but more the Connext system.
I had not really thought about it in detail. The next time I talk to him, I will ask. I do see your point.

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I've been waiting on a Yacht Blue 195S since my deposit on July 22nd. I contact the dealer every week or two, they never have any information. I saw an email address on some other thread for a guy (Bob) at Yamaha corporate. I emailed him and he actually emailed me back saying he'd fwd the info to production. It took awhile but they called me yesterday and said my dealer is #8 in line and I should expect another 2-3 week wait. So much for it being an "early release".

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have heard of people now waiting until early spring because of this. maybe buying in winter could have a financial advantage?

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I've been waiting on a Yacht Blue 195S since my deposit on July 22nd. I contact the dealer every week or two, they never have any information. I saw an email address on some other thread for a guy (Bob) at Yamaha corporate. I emailed him and he actually emailed me back saying he'd fwd the info to production. It took awhile but they called me yesterday and said my dealer is #8 in line and I should expect another 2-3 week wait. So much for it being an "early release".
Bob is great. I also emailed him some questions and he responded quickly and a Yamaha rep called me that day. I think every dealer should get a "Yamaha Bob"

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Spoke with my dealer yesterday and told my boat (195 FSH) is built but sitting in the Yamaha storage facility with 1000 other boats waiting on windshields and other parts. He added that windshields and other parts are now starting to come in, and thinks delivery would be around the end of September early October. For me, not a problem, would want to be out of hurricane season. BTW ordered my boat in May.

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Bob is great. I also emailed him some questions and he responded quickly and a Yamaha rep called me that day. I think every dealer should get a "Yamaha Bob"
You have an email address for "Yamaha Bob"

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don't want to risk pulling this order and end of wasting next summer boat hunting. I started looking in late May and here we are. I already told my wife that I'll trailer it south a bit if needed just to get my 10 hour break in completed. I don't want anything to get in the way of next summer.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I think I am going to pay, look, store if it is that late. Shan told me he could do whatever we wanted including test drive, winterize and store... price for that change was not discussed.

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just spoke to my dealer in VA and the new date for my 195S is 10/13/2020...
When did you make your deposit? My dealer continues to say they won't know until it's on the truck and heading their way. Waiting for my Blue 195S since July 22nd.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
When did you make your deposit? My dealer continues to say they won't know until it's on the truck and heading their way. Waiting for my Blue 195S since July 22nd.
July 21. I wouldn’t bet the principle on the mortgage that it will be in then. The “expected “ date has changed more than once. You are right, my dealer also told me he doesn’t call until he sees the boat on the truck...