• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 195S Sept Updates

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was at a Yamaha event today at my dealer in PA. Yamaha is traveling around with the 25' sport and fish. I was able to compare a AR195 to a 212S that was available. I like the simplicity of the 19' over the 21'. The extra length of the 21' seems all in the bow seats, but I fit just fine in the bow of the 195 so I wasn't too impressed in the differences. I'm still going to wait for my 195S to arrive.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just reviewed a youtube video released today by Buckeye Sports showing the 2021 195S. This is obviously at his dealership so someone
is probable getting their boat soon.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
funny i watched videos made by those guys also before i got my boat on several models.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just spoke to my dealer in VA and the new date for my 195S is 10/13/2020...
Hey: Just checking in - ref your post a few weeks ago - eta 10/13. Any updates are appreciated. Thanks Mark

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If I may jump in here, I would STRONGLY suggest you test drive your actual 195S boat before you accept delivery and pay for it. I did not as I purchased mine at our 2019 boat show in February and took delivery in March.

My 19 AR195 has horrible cavitation from the beginning and still has it even after I installed the L13 cone after my first year.

Had I actually test driven the boat prior to delivery, I never would have bought it.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey: Just checking in - ref your post a few weeks ago - eta 10/13. Any updates are appreciated. Thanks Mark
Sorry for no update, I’m watching several of these threads. Last week or the week before, I spoke to Shan and the expected date (however that is determined) was pushed back from the middle of this month to the end of this month... 10/25 as I recall. I don’t have much faith in that date either based on the moving dates all summer. I don’t think the dates being moved have anything to do with my dealer, I think he is a straight shooter, I believe the dates move because of kinks in the supply chain upstream of the Yamaha factory.
For me, the season is over (wife thinks anything under 75 and sunny is too cold to go outside except to hunt) so we are transitioning to hunting. My hope of having the boat in August, gone. Hoping September would leave us a few days of good weather, gone. The hopes of having some time in October to break the boat in and have the 10 hour service done before spring, quickly evaporating...
The new plan/hope is for an early spring to get the boat past break in and 10 hour service so we can wail on it this summer and get a full season in. I may hook it up and drag it south “early” in the year to put some hours on it and get the service done, IF it is delivered by then.

So in short, no news other than another delay and no boat yet. 195s yacht blue deposit July 21. Still (patiently) waiting.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If I may jump in here, I would STRONGLY suggest you test drive your actual 195S boat before you accept delivery and pay for it. I did not as I purchased mine at our 2019 boat show in February and took delivery in March.

My 19 AR195 has horrible cavitation from the beginning and still has it even after I installed the L13 cone after my first year.

Had I actually test driven the boat prior to delivery, I never would have bought it.
Good advice. I would never purchase a truck without a test drive so I see your point. A 40k investment is worth paying a couple hundred bucks extra to test drive and then have to winterize if delivery was accepted. Wonder how my dealer would feel about a 10 hour test drive, 10 hour service, winterize, and storage discounted package deal?!? 😎

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I was never given the option to test drive but i also never asked assuming it would be ok. Bad on my part. I would test drive a used boat, but never thought of it for a new one. I was told they water tested it, but that was for 10 minutes during the break in period. I will say i have not experienced any problems tho. I did buy all the warranties and services they offered thinking that if i did have a problem they would simply fix it.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Good advice. I would never purchase a truck without a test drive so I see your point. A 40k investment is worth paying a couple hundred bucks extra to test drive and then have to winterize if delivery was accepted. Wonder how my dealer would feel about a 10 hour test drive, 10 hour service, winterize, and storage discounted package deal?!? 😎
Hey Hillbilly...hold out hope. I think you probably have some good weekends left (through early November???). It's been fairly mild. And...our dealer did the first part of the break-in with their water test, together we did another 1.5-2 hours. Then, the first weekend I took it home, I did another 5 hours. One more weekend (hoping next weekend) and I'll be at or near the 10 hour service timeframe - it doesn't take long! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey Hillbilly...hold out hope. I think you probably have some good weekends left (through early November???). It's been fairly mild. And...our dealer did the first part of the break-in with their water test, together we did another 1.5-2 hours. Then, the first weekend I took it home, I did another 5 hours. One more weekend (hoping next weekend) and I'll be at or near the 10 hour service timeframe - it doesn't take long! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks Stan! How do you like your boat so far?

I’m not discouraged, just trying to quit looking so forward to getting the unit... been trying to occupy my time with doing other things like putting my energy into the deer blind below. It’s 3/4 of a mile from the road and I can only get the side by side with a small trailer to it. Getting the 16 foot 6x6’s upright, square, and plumb was not easy.

Attachments

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Thanks Stan! How do you like your boat so far?

I’m not discouraged, just trying to quit looking so forward to getting the unit... been trying to occupy my time with doing other things like putting my energy into the deer blind below. It’s 3/4 of a mile from the road and I can only get the side by side with a small trailer to it. Getting the 16 foot 6x6’s upright, square, and plumb was not easy.
Nice! Probably smart to bide your time and focus on something else that you love. I have to say, I absolutely love the boat. It's much bigger than I anticipated, and even backing it into my narrow driveway off a narrow country road was no small feat! It handles amazingly, goes super fast (52 mph with 2 adults onboard), and I feared the "slow speed maneuvering" I've read so much about on this forum. I had ZERO issues docking, maneuvering, and launching/ retrieving from and on the trailer.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Nice! Probably smart to bide your time and focus on something else that you love. I have to say, I absolutely love the boat. It's much bigger than I anticipated, and even backing it into my narrow driveway off a narrow country road was no small feat! It handles amazingly, goes super fast (52 mph with 2 adults onboard), and I feared the "slow speed maneuvering" I've read so much about on this forum. I had ZERO issues docking, maneuvering, and launching/ retrieving from and on the trailer.
Nice! I am glad you are happy with it and I envy you have possession. No, all is not lost but I am an optimistic planner, always hoping for the best which sometimes bites me in the a$$ when things do t go as planned. In reality, I have plenty of time to get the boat and get in a full season since I retired and have free time. I just hope it doesn’t come in while we are out west elk hunting... I may break the speed limits trying to get back to pick it up.
Enjoy the new toy!

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just got the call from my dealer!! Boat arrived unexpected this morning. Working on logistics of prep and check ride. Pictures to follow. Wow, been waiting on this since July.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Congrats!!! I spoke with Shan and I'm next on the list. Like you I'm very anxious and excited. I mentioned before I'm in Richmond Va which is only 90 miles from the dealership. Would you mind if I come up and take a look at your new toy. If OK please call me and let me know your plan. I would greatly appreciate to see a real boat not just all the pictures. Hopefully we can stay in touch and go through the learning process of the bells and whistles of the 195S.
My cell is 804-240-5528 Mark Mallory.
Thanks

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Wow, glad to hear that your boat finally has arrived Hillbilly! Looking forward to seeing your pics. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

I visited my local dealer on September 30th and they had just received a blue 195S the day before that was unspoken for. I put down my deposit the following day and feel super fortunate to have found one. Seems like quite a few people are still waiting for delivery.

Also, the Buckeye Sports video on the 195S is great! You should definitely give it a watch if you haven't seen it yet

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Congrats!!! I spoke with Shan and I'm next on the list. Like you I'm very anxious and excited. I mentioned before I'm in Richmond Va which is only 90 miles from the dealership. Would you mind if I come up and take a look at your new toy. If OK please call me and let me know your plan. I would greatly appreciate to see a real boat not just all the pictures. Hopefully we can stay in touch and go through the learning process of the bells and whistles of the 195S.
Thanks
Mark, great speaking with you this morning. Check ride is scheduled for 10/28 and then off to the heated garage. I could not be more excited.
As we discussed, Friday or Saturday I will be going down to take a peek, since I can’t wait until 10/28 to see it.... if there is anyone else that wants to make the trip to Northern VA to Holly Acres to walk around the boat, I’m sure we could arrange that. (Did I mention that there is a charity that I am very interested in? It helps get Yamaha boats to WV, a state that is under represented in Yamaha ownership so all donations are welcome). 😁

in all seriousness, if there is anyone interested in seeing a blue 195S in person, I am happy to share. Let me know, seems like Mark and I can be very flexible on days and times.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wow, glad to hear that your boat finally has arrived Hillbilly! Looking forward to seeing your pics. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

I visited my local dealer on September 30th and they had just received a blue 195S the day before that was unspoken for. I put down my deposit the following day and feel super fortunate to have found one. Seems like quite a few people are still waiting for delivery.

Also, the Buckeye Sports video on the 195S is great! You should definitely give it a watch if you haven't seen it yet
Thanks, super excited here. Congrats on yours and I hope the log jam has broken up and we all get our boats very soon. Saw that video and was just tipped off there is a great video on the Connext on YouTube.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks
Picking it up Wednesday, well the check ride is scheduled for then. I assume it will be in great shape and be behind the truck later that day. I did sneak down to the dealership to see it but it wasn’t fully assembled. Goes in the shop today and their pre-check ride shakedown run happens either today or Tuesday. My first impression after standing in the boat is “roomier than expected”. This is the first time I have ever seen a 195S in person. Second thought is the trailer is beefier and better built than I expected.

455311D8-5590-416E-9852-47A861246F51.jpeg

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks for allowing me to check out this beauty. Looks bigger, feels bigger. The trailer does seem very sturdy and strong. More like something for a much large boat. Looking forward to your first launch pics.

John_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My boat, 195FSH Deluxe was delivered to Cycle Springs two weeks ago. The custom hardtop and the Elite Ti-2 12" were installed. My Minn Kota iPilot will be delivered to the dealer on Wednesday, 10/28. Sea Trial and delivery is Wednesday, 11/04.
20201022_005210840_iOS.jpg20201013_223447026_iOS.jpg