• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha 195S GPS Communication Error - but map updates position

MatthewJT4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I have a 2021 195S that started throwing a GPS Communication error on the Connext. It is triggered when the boat first powers up, engine doesn't need to be running. The GPS antenna is right there and easily accessible, and all the connectors look good on both the GPS and Connext. The oddest thing is that the moving map actually adjusts to the boats location - so Connext is getting a GPS signal at least enough to give current position.

This is warranty work of course, but as I'm sure we're all experiencing, maintenance times are crazy right now. I was hoping for something else to try before I drop the boat at the shop. Hell I'd be satisfied with a solution to stop the alarm from un-silencing every five minutes.

Thanks!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Try doing a search for your topic - I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before and possible solution is replacing the GPS puck.

MatthewJT4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
In case anyone stumbles on this in the future: the cause is still unknown. Warranty covered a new GPS antenna (puck) and new Connext system to fix the issue.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
In case anyone stumbles on this in the future: the cause is still unknown. Warranty covered a new GPS antenna (puck) and new Connext system to fix the issue.
Sounds like the Connext MFD had an issue. I'm guessing they tried a new puck and no luck, so they replaced the screen?