• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 195S Tower Fold With Speakers

Ghostdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. I will see what I can do. It looks like it is going to be a pita. I bought the JL M6s with he leds so I want to make it work. It may have to go to the audio shop just to run those wires. Lol

Ghostdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. I will see what I can do. It looks like it is going to be a pita. I bought the JL M6s with he leds so I want to make it work. It may have to go to the audio shop just to run those wires. Lol
Update. So I got the wire ran yesterday. What a PITA. Stinger 16 GA + rgb will fit in the stock holes. I have my speakers on the bigger tube so that’s another reason it was a pain. Hard part done now I just have to hook up the other amp. I hate crawling in that small cubby.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Update. So I got the wire ran yesterday. What a PITA. Stinger 16 GA + rgb will fit in the stock holes. I have my speakers on the bigger tube so that’s another reason it was a pain. Hard part done now I just have to hook up the other amp. I hate crawling in that small cubby.
What method did you use to run the wires?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Ghostdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cut a section and left one of the 16 ha wires exposed and ran it from the bottom up. Then I took a zip tie and made a circle and inserted it into the drilled hole. I pushed the wire from the bottom a little more and the tightened the ziptie and pulled. Once I had the one wire through the hole I soldered it to the wire I was running and fed it through too down. It took a while but I tried weeding eating wire fish tape and several other methods as well.

markalanalex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am looking to add 2 tower speakers, most likely Rev 10's, to my 2021 195S. Does anyone know if the tower will still fold down with the speakers installed?
Yes, but it somewhat depends on where you put them. Mount them before you run the wires. I mounted 8x8s to my AR 195 on the upper bar hanging underneath, and one of the speakers would just rest on the steering wheel when the tower was lowered.

I now have a 2022 195S. I am looking at mounting tower speakers in an alternate location. Big speakers make the tower heavy, and a little hard to raise and lower alone. I am thinking the lower tower on the outside OR deck mounted on the outer area above the rear facing seatbacks. Any thoughts on that? Not convinced either option is any good.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I put the Recon's on ours, same shell as the Rev 10's, and yes it'll fold down.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, but it somewhat depends on where you put them. Mount them before you run the wires. I mounted 8x8s to my AR 195 on the upper bar hanging underneath, and one of the speakers would just rest on the steering wheel when the tower was lowered.

I now have a 2022 195S. I am looking at mounting tower speakers in an alternate location. Big speakers make the tower heavy, and a little hard to raise and lower alone. I am thinking the lower tower on the outside OR deck mounted on the outer area above the rear facing seatbacks. Any thoughts on that? Not convinced either option is any good.
I think @Drift Away has speakers mounted on his boat on the rear bulkhead just forward of the seats.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral