• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021/2022 255XE 255XD Audio upgrades

Caudio18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wondering what others have done with this higher end system to improve upon it?
I was thinking of adding 4 more rev10 probably hanging down from tower as I doubt they will fit above the tower like the factory icon8. Also adding another subwoofer or 2 (not sure where yet) and amp along with 2 batteries and charger.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 252SE, I replaced the factory amp, added the Stealth10 and two Kicker KMTC9s. At full tilt it is unbearable to be on or in close proximity of the rear boat.

I think these guys with multiple horn-loaded tower speakers are just for looks. There is no way to run those full tilt and be any where close to the boat. Just two makes conversations hard 100 feet away.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 252SE, I replaced the factory amp, added the Stealth10 and two Kicker KMTC9s. At full tilt it is unbearable to be on or in close proximity of the rear boat.

I think these guys with multiple horn-loaded tower speakers are just for looks. There is no way to run those full tilt and be any where close to the boat. Just two makes conversations hard 100 feet away.
Looks. Lol, no bro it’s called party at the sandbar who wants to have a conversation in the boat when you have a full sandbar to hang, dance and just mingle with other boaters?

No on a serious note, what’s unbearable for some it isn’t for others

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks. Lol, no bro it’s called party at the sandbar who wants to have a conversation in the boat when you have a full sandbar to hang, dance and just mingle with other boaters?

No on a serious note, what’s unbearable for some it isn’t for others
Well for one you can't mingle if you can't hear. You can't pick up girls if you can't talk (though that may help some people lol).

Two it's just flat out disrespectful to be full tilt playing music. I 100% guarantee you half the people there (at minimum) will think you are obnoxious. No one wants to hear your "shit" music. (No matter the genre, half the people there will not like what you are playing).

I grew up and worked in the audio industry for a long time. Went to SBN every year in Daytona for almost a decade. I know loud. I know unbearable. If you can deal with a pair of HLCDs full tilt right behind the boat, you have hearing loss issues.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Usually the hottest chicks on the sandbar are already in my boats , there’s always someone louder and if everyone around is dancing that means they are enjoying my music, but I do know exactly 100% what you are talking about. On the plus side if someone abnoxious parks next to me I can always drown the shitty sound. :)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Usually the hottest chicks on the sandbar are already in my boats , there’s always someone louder and if everyone around is dancing that means they are enjoying my music, but I do know exactly 100% what you are talking about. On the plus side if someone abnoxious parks next to me I can always drown the shitty sound. :)
On another note, are there sand bars over in Orlando? I am always looking for fresh water boating spots for a weekend get away.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On another note, are there sand bars over in Orlando? I am always looking for fresh water boating spots for a weekend get away.
Look up Bird island on the Butler chain of lakes, it’s the only lake I go to, once in a while I head over to disappearing island on the ICW, one I want to check is in mt Dora.

Caudio18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well that got a bit off topic, I definitely will keep the towers as a separate zone and have a way to turn them down when inside the boat. We will anchor in coves quite often (usually just us so as to not annoy any neighbors) and then float away from the boat sometimes quite a bit and when we are out back of the boat, thats when the towers come in handy, well and of course surfing, tubing and wakeboarding. The kids wanna hear their music while on the tube. The other thing is the more speakers and more wattage you have the less you actually have to turn it up where you can hear it over the engines and of course I am more about quality over quantity. More wattage equals fuller cleaner sound even at low volumes.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My plan for now is pull out the HTX6 and replace with a SYN-DX4. add a pair of revo mid cabin, add a sub amp and 2nd sub. The stock radio does not have an app and is very limited on settings so.. a Fusion MS-RA770 (4 zone) or RA670 (3 zone) with remote. The Fusion will be controlled using a Simrad GO9

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well that got a bit off topic, I definitely will keep the towers as a separate zone and have a way to turn them down when inside the boat. We will anchor in coves quite often (usually just us so as to not annoy any neighbors) and then float away from the boat sometimes quite a bit and when we are out back of the boat, thats when the towers come in handy, well and of course surfing, tubing and wakeboarding. The kids wanna hear their music while on the tube. The other thing is the more speakers and more wattage you have the less you actually have to turn it up where you can hear it over the engines and of course I am more about quality over quantity. More wattage equals fuller cleaner sound even at low volumes.
You have the right idea. More power over more speakers. I run 400w per side for my towers.