• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 25 foot covers

Bayou boater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Does anyone have any insight on when the covers for the new 25 footers are going to be available?

Last edited:

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We've been waiting on a snap-on cover since September. Dealer says it should be in soon, but nothing official from Yamaha.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I've had my deluxe mooring cover on order for months and the delivery date to the dealer keeps getting pushed back--still nothing firm on when it's actually going to be delivered.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When looking up 240 covers (probably SX at min.) on the Yamaha accessory website last month, it was showing the 25x uses the same cover as the 240. (May still not be in stock, if that is the issue.)

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Same. I just spoke to my dealership on Sunday and they didn't have an update from Yamaha.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
When looking up 240 covers (probably SX at min.) on the Yamaha accessory website last month, it was showing the 25x uses the same cover as the 240. (May still not be in stock, if that is the issue.)
May have been a typo on the website that has since been updated. Currently, all the 25 foot covers on the website have different product numbers than the 24 foot covers and show no interchangeability between the two (unfortunately).

socalyamahafanar250

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any insight on when the covers for the new 25 footers are going to be available?
I bought my AR250 in November and I am still waiting...I ping the dealer weekly and get the same blow off message

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same situation here. Wanted to buy before I took delivery of mine but none were available. Dealer doesn't know when they will be in stock to order. Using shipping cover for now but its a bulky beast to put away.

bravoechoniner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I called up Yamaha parts directly as well as my local dealer multiple times. Yamaha got back to me and said they had a 1/22 estimated ship date on the next round of 2021 25 foot covers. I then called my local dealer and they told me that they were only able to get two on order, and one of them had been sold already... Needless to say, out came the credit card and I put my name on the other one. With a 1/22 estimated ship date, I am assuming I'll get it early February.

For what it's worth, this is after MONTHS of trying to track one down... Picked up our boat in early October last year and have been trying to get an OEM cover ever since.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I've had my deluxe mooring cover on order for months and the delivery date to the dealer keeps getting pushed back--still nothing firm on when it's actually going to be delivered.
After tentatively saying my cover was going to be delivered this week, I just found out now I'm looking at mid-March! Bummer.

Gaylon2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Same here. Heard call late Jan early Feb. Called last week and was told they have 5 ordered and 2 spoken for, still back ordered to expect April-May 2021.

Bayou boater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
In the for what it’s worth department my dealer is now expecting a delivery on March 20.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Also waiting on my cover for my 252SD. Are there three types of covers: Snap on, shipping, and deluxe mooring? My boat is still sitting at the dealership with a white cover that doesn't fit it.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
573EE3CC-235E-4CB4-98D8-1A177DF682EB.jpegMy dealer showing a June delivery for our 253 cover ordered a few months ago.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also waiting on my cover for my 252SD. Are there three types of covers: Snap on, shipping, and deluxe mooring? My boat is still sitting at the dealership with a white cover that doesn't fit it.
For my year and boat there is 4. Not sure if the 25' have the same. White Shipping Cover. Bow and/or Cockpit Snap Cover, Two different type of mooring covers, one was nicer than the other and had zipper for gas fill, etc. Not sure if things have changed or whats available.

Also, how does the shipping cover not fit? What was it shipped with. Tell them to get off their asses and find the proper shipping cover for it. It comes with the boat. For what you paid tell them to get on it! And if there are tower shipping bolts tell them you want those as well. Not sure on the 25' footers though. They are on the 21' footers for sure when shipped.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For my year and boat there is 4. Not sure if the 25' have the same. White Shipping Cover. Bow and/or Cockpit Snap Cover, Two different type of mooring covers, one was nicer than the other and had zipper for gas fill, etc. Not sure if things have changed or whats available.

Also, how does the shipping cover not fit? What was it shipped with. Tell them to get off their asses and find the proper shipping cover for it. It comes with the boat. For what you paid tell them to get on it! And if there are tower shipping bolts tell them you want those as well. Not sure on the 25' footers though. They are on the 21' footers for sure when shipped.
The dealer said the shipping cover no longer fits after the tower is put up.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He is correct. That is what we all do. I collapsed my tower for the first month I had it after every outing so I could use the shipping cover on it till my mooring cover arrived. Not hard to do. There wasn't any mention in your thread about the tower being up and that is why it didn't fit. My bad, since I figured that was common knowledge and I assumed you knew that. Figured the dealer had tore it or lost it. :) I would suggest you would do the same. If your boat is outside at the dealership, tell them to fold the tower down and put the cover back on it.

I guess it is a bit more challenging if the boat lives in the water but still doable. The tower is meant to be folded. I am not sure where you are located but most people here use the shipping cover during the winter and off season.

20210301_150243.jpg

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Let me jump in here...the shipping cover on the 252SD should fit with the tower up because the cover wraps around the bases of the tower and then velcros down the sides. If the cover they have on it doesn't have the cutouts for the tower bases and they're just trying to throw it over the tower, then they either have the wrong shipping cover on it or the Yamaha factory has run out of proper shipping covers and is just throwing the incorrect one on with the tower lowered.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tkeru408 Interesting Info. Do they ship the 252SD then with the tower up? The way that I have seen them stack boats on a boat trailer that would seem difficult.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors the tower can be up or down with the cover on (in either position, the tower is outside the cover). They're shipped with the tower down. I wish I had a picture of mine with the cover on but unfortunately I don't and the boat is in storage right now. This pic is the best I could find with a quick internet search, the boat in the front has the cover on and tower down.
images.jpg