• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 25 foot covers

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We ordered a 2 piece snap on cover in August when ordered our boat. It came in on Thursday and they installed it yesterday. It's the only cover of any type for a 25' that my dealer has received.

Attachments

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Ordered in November. Was told the cover was delayed until June.

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
When I picked my boat up, dealer had no date but said it would be shipped to me direct. (Nice if true, I’m a couple hours away from the dealer). Sorry I don’t have a more useful answer.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang, that stinks. I have been told "likely next month" since i ordered the boat in october, that leads me to believe that we are not going to have covers for the 25' boats at all this year. That stinks.

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Same issue as other 252SD owners. I have a 21 252SD and got the white shipping cover from the dealer when I picked up the boat. For the life of us we could not get it to fit properly with the tower up or down. It’s like the cover has shrunk 5 - 10 percent. Verified by the tag that it is the correct cover.

We finally got the cover to over the bow and barely over the stern swim platform but never could get the Velcro sides to line up and close. Ordered boat and deluxe mooring cover August 20 and while we’ve had the boat for many months we’ve been told April at the earliest for the proper cover.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the sides to line up so the Velcro can close, assuming the cover hasn’t permanently shrunk. We do have both poles and straps installed as well.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 144821
I got mine to velcro. I connect the velcro before I pull the cover over the stern/Transom. (Not sure if you've tried that yet..) I keep the tower up and slide the aft part of the cover over the wake tower in order to get the sections close enough to velcro. (See creepy/crappy out the window tonight pic). I velcro from top to bottom...Once you get velcro connected you just pull hard to slip the cover over the transom, then tighten and connect the straps.

Hope that helps. We've had ours off and on a bunch since purchase in Oct.

IMG_2087.jpeg

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes, what he said. Velcro before you cover the swim platform.
Same issue as other 252SD owners. I have a 21 252SD and got the white shipping cover from the dealer when I picked up the boat. For the life of us we could not get it to fit properly with the tower up or down. It’s like the cover has shrunk 5 - 10 percent. Verified by the tag that it is the correct cover.

We finally got the cover to over the bow and barely over the stern swim platform but never could get the Velcro sides to line up and close. Ordered boat and deluxe mooring cover August 20 and while we’ve had the boat for many months we’ve been told April at the earliest for the proper cover.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the sides to line up so the Velcro can close, assuming the cover hasn’t permanently shrunk. We do have both poles and straps installed as well.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 144821
Velcro before you cover the swim platform, and make sure your side clips are undone. The are showing clipped in that picture. The side clips and then ratchet strap tighten should be the last step.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Without openings in the shipping cover to get to the cleats, how did you tie it up to the dock before you put in the lift?
Luckily we are in a cove with no current and it's always very calm. The poles on the lift help keep it in place as well while I'm lifting it up. I only use 1 tie off the swim platform.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im picking my boat up tuesday of next week. I have a 5 hour drive home, anybody have any suggestions for a cover that will fit well enough to tow the boat home? My dealer says the shipping cover likely wont make the trip? i guess its bad quality??

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Im picking my boat up tuesday of next week. I have a 5 hour drive home, anybody have any suggestions for a cover that will fit well enough to tow the boat home? My dealer says the shipping cover likely wont make the trip? i guess its bad quality??
Seems odd, how would the shipping cover not make the trip home when it made the trip from the factory to the dealership without issue? It's possible they're using different types of shipping covers, but the shipping cover I have I'd consider pretty high quality and not likely to fall apart any time soon. I had it on and off my boat several times between Sep and Dec when I put my boat away for the winter. Still using it now as I wait for the mooring cover to become available.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nice! Just talked to my dealer today and he said May. I'm still skeptical Yamaha will deliver it to them.

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How does it fit? Im still waiting on mine since Oct...

tonypetro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered my AR250 from a dealer 1500 miles away and the dealer said they have had issues getting the mooring cover. I figured I'd get it locally but now realize that's probably not happening. I'm mooring the boat this summer on a fresh water lake. What's my best option for covering her? I'm really hoping to get the boat in April or early May. Thanks!

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Im actually stunned that these are slowly trickling out, I figured they would release a ton of them at one time, rather then a few here a few there. Ugh, this is gonna be an awful wait.

when did you order yours?
same, I expected a huge batch to drop at once. It’s fabric so it’s not like there is chip shortage or something.

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
How does it fit? Im still waiting on mine since Oct...
It fits really good. I will say that mine was thrown in with the sale of the boat and is branded with the dealership‘s logo on it. So I am guessing the dealership branded ones are shipping first.

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It fits really good. I will say that mine was thrown in with the sale of the boat and is branded with the dealership‘s logo on it. So I am guessing the dealership branded ones are shipping first.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear the fit is good. That would be disappointing to wait this long and it not fit right. Makes sense that they would send out Dealer covers first, as I'm guessing the Dealer's ordered them before you walked in the door. Looks great btw!

tonypetro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems there are two mooring covers for the AR250, and the more expensive one is available. It clearly is longer, stretching over more of the hull and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this cover from the water? I'm actually mooring the boat so it's important I can get the cover on easily on the water. Thanks!!

Backordered (unavailable cover):

Available cover:

Thanks in advance!

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It seems there are two mooring covers for the AR250, and the more expensive one is available. It clearly is longer, stretching over more of the hull and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this cover from the water? I'm actually mooring the boat so it's important I can get the cover on easily on the water. Thanks!!

Backordered (unavailable cover):

Available cover:

Thanks in advance!
The available one is the same as I have in my picture earlier in the thread. Do you have dock access to both side of the boat? If so, easy. If not, the water side will be more difficult having to reach over to attach the clips mid-ship and the ratchet on that side. I can get most of the cover on from front to back from inside the boat. It’s the last bit over the swim platform and the ratchets where I need to be outside.

tonypetro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks yamahadrv! I’m afraid I won’t have a dock, I’ll be moored in the water so I guess my only option would be to finish the cover from a dingy or paddle board. I might just give the one that’s available a shot and hope it works out!