• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 AR195 on order...thoughts on Premium Audio package?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also creative audio sometimes has some refurbished Wetsounds stuff that can be had for a good price
100% agree on getting the refurbished items from Creative Audio. They have excellent customer service as well. I paid $550 for my Stealth 10 Ultra HD soundbar through them as a refurbished unit. I honestly can't tell the difference from new, and Creative backed it with the same warranty as new. Honestly, it's a pretty low risk way to save some cashola.

TexAg16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I only run a single battery with my soundbar and stock head unit. Have sat with tunes cranked for over 8hrs at a time without an issue.

I found it easier to carry a small jump pack than deal with a second battery. Never needed it for my boat but have used it on a few others.
That’s 8 hours without cranking the engine? That’s awesome. I’ve been looking into a dual battery setup because of advice I’ve gotten from other boat owners and adding an amp.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s 8 hours without cranking the engine? That’s awesome. I’ve been looking into a dual battery setup because of advice I’ve gotten from other boat owners and adding an amp.
Yeap. 8 hours without the engine running. Volume varied between 50% and 75% most of the day. We'll often go 3-4hrs without even thinking about it. That 8hr day I thought about it once, but was with a group of other boats and we had several jump packs and cables with us as a group, so I dismissed it, and it ended up being a non-issue.

Stereo is the stock "Marine Audio" head unit with (4) Polk DB651s's. Then a Wetsounds Stealth 10 Ultra HD (300watt self amplified) sound bar.

Keep in mind these are REALLY small and light engines. It doesn't take much to crank them over, so a large single battery with a very mild stereo system still produces really good run times. Then a small Li-Ion jump pack on board as a backup to get the engine started again if there is a problem. It's an overall easier setup than dual batteries (not that those are hard, this is just simpler), that has worked well for me.

Also, keep in mind I'm typically on smaller inland lakes. Larger lakes, waterways with current or high traffic, and other situational conditions might lead you to have more redundancy or capacity than I do. Do what makes you comfortable and fits in your budget.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeap. 8 hours without the engine running. Volume varied between 50% and 75% most of the day. We'll often go 3-4hrs without even thinking about it. That 8hr day I thought about it once, but was with a group of other boats and we had several jump packs and cables with us as a group, so I dismissed it, and it ended up being a non-issue.

Stereo is the stock "Marine Audio" head unit with (4) Polk DB651s's. Then a Wetsounds Stealth 10 Ultra HD (300watt self amplified) sound bar.

Keep in mind these are REALLY small and light engines. It doesn't take much to crank them over, so a large single battery with a very mild stereo system still produces really good run times. Then a small Li-Ion jump pack on board as a backup to get the engine started again if there is a problem. It's an overall easier setup than dual batteries (not that those are hard, this is just simpler), that has worked well for me.

Also, keep in mind I'm typically on smaller inland lakes. Larger lakes, waterways with current or high traffic, and other situational conditions might lead you to have more redundancy or capacity than I do. Do what makes you comfortable and fits in your budget.
I have forgot to even switch over to my 2nd battery (deep cycle) on more than one occasion. Had the same results as @2kwik4u, ran stereo all day on crank battery and it has fired up everytime

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most people aren't aware that these are the same engines on the Yamaha 1.8 Wave runners and they use a 12V 19Ah(or something close to that) battery and have no issues starting. So like @2kwik4u said, it doesn't take much to crank them over and get running.

TexAg16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Do you have a wall charger at home for your battery or does it charge back up on the lake pretty fast?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have a wall charger at home for your battery or does it charge back up on the lake pretty fast?
I typically charge with a battery tender during the week in the garage at home, then just let the boat recharge itself during the weekend. I've gone a full week away from the home charger with intermittent stereo usage without an issue. Long weekends will usually see 3-4 days of boat time, and a few "long" music sessions in there without a home charge.

Total wattage for my setup is under 400watts though, so I'm really not pulling that much. Especially at 50-75% volume. Maybe 100watts rms total. 100 watts at 8hrs is 800W-hrs of energy. 800Whrs/12.5V = 64 AmpHrs of battery usage. Both the soundbar and the head unit have 15A fuses, so it's at least safe to say they are pulling less than that. Maybe 10amps total at 50% volume. I'm guessing here. 10amps for 8 hrs is 80amphrs of usage.

I think I have an 95Ahr battery in there? It's an Interstate 24M-HD battery. I didn't choose the battery, the dealership I bought the boat from provided this one when I bought the boat new in spring '17.

Might bring a clamp meter home from the office this summer and test the system to see what I'm really pulling out of the battery. I suspect it's lower than I'm calculating.

TexAg16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Update: Sound system still on back order with new estimate of August. Looking like I won’t get to use it until next season.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Update: Sound system still on back order with new estimate of August. Looking like I won’t get to use it until next season.
You decide to go with the Yamaha Wet Sounds kit?

TexAg16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah I didn’t wanna mess with some fly-by-night audio shop in town.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had to wait 6 months for my JL Audio system to come in. I ordered it in September and received it in March. Just installed it last weekend. What a difference from the stock system!

TexAg16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Awesome! Does yours have a subwoofer? Glad to hear that you think it was a worthy upgrade.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Awesome! Does yours have a subwoofer? Glad to hear that you think it was a worthy upgrade.
No subwoofer yet. I want to get it out on the water and see if I need it. Can always add it down the road. Had to cancel my trip this weekend because of bad weather in PA. Planning on next weekend for our first trial with the new system.

Tcw8848

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ever get this installed?

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope. Still on backorder estimated early 2022.
If you are still considering a system I highly recommend Boomers Audio in Tulsa. The owner Mike and his team have done a pontoon and a Harley for me, have a AR190 on order now and as soon as it arrives straight to Boomers it goes for its new system. Can’t wait!

TexAg16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you are still considering a system I highly recommend Boomers Audio in Tulsa. The owner Mike and his team have done a pontoon and a Harley for me, have a AR190 on order now and as soon as it arrives straight to Boomers it goes for its new system. Can’t wait!
What’s the typical installation cost?

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would expect to pay $3000 to $8000 depending on how elaborate you go including professional installation. It is one of the few add ons that increase the value of a boat. And with component and labor cost rising it will cost more later. Contact a professional audio location and I bet they would be glad to give you an estimate.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just something to consider if you haven’t made the move yet - my first audio upgrade was easy do yourself. Ordered the kicker 8” towers with KXM400.2 amp. 300w 10” powered sub - With amp kit all in totaled $940. I Wired amp & sub to stock battery and have been using it for a year now with no battery issues. (I do put a charger on the battery when we put up for the day. This set up Provides extremely substantial improvement over stock.

Hardest part is locating exactly where to drill the holes in the tower for the speaker swivel mounts.

That all being said, Sounds great as is, but since the wife gave me permission to play :) want MORE lol just because I want to :) and 4 towers I am predicting will be LOUD🤞🏼🤞🏼🔊🔊🔊🔊

Items on order for the Next off season upgrade project - +$1400 - $1600
- 2 more KMT 8 loaded towers on swivels
- 1 more Kicker amp to power stock WS cabin
- mini add a battery kit
- NOCO genius charger
- distribution blocks and fuses for new power wiring with the new battery
- Lithium deep cell

@Hoyt has a great thread on the 19ft boats https://jetboaters.net/threads/2020-195s-build-thread-warning-pic-heavy.24575/

Last edited:

Extremneon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Great thread!

looking at going to a Wet Sounds MC-20, HTX-4 amp, Recon 6 RGB and RGB rings in my 2021 SX195.

I am also thinking about their stealth 10” box sub.

Plan to run dual batteries and NOCO jump box just in case.