• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Seadoo Jetskis featuring IDF Intelligent Debris Free Pump System to Clear Clogged Intakes with a push of a button

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone see this new 2021 line of Seadoo Jetskis featuring IDF (Intelligent Debris Free Pump System) to Clear Clogged Intakes with a push of a button? Video can be seen at link below. Wonder if Yamaha will ever incorporate something like this in their jet skis or boats? I’m assuming Seadoo has a patent on it. Basically reverses flow and thrusts the clogged stuff out instead of sucking it up when you rev it up to push it all out. I’m guessing this is kind of like our trick for our boats where we go from reverse to forward to clear out debris from our intakes. I’ve never owned a jet ski so not sure how important this new feature is and how hard it is to clear debris from a Jet ski the old fashioned way or how often people truly suck stuff up. I might be looking at a jet ski in the spring and leaning top of the line black and red limited SVHO from Yamaha. Friends are telling me get the Seadoo for closed loop and no need to worry about salt damage or using salt away. I like Yamaha though and will probably stick with them so I can have the jet ski to match the boat. Maybe I’ll find a very lightly used SVHO from the last year or 2 for sale over this fall/winter/spring and could save a few thousand. Don’t mind going new though to know it’s taken care of from Day 1.

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They must have added a transmission to reverse the flow.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Another video from Seadoo showing how this system works.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd like to see how it ejects a chunk of wood jammed up in there. Oh, thats right, it won't.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thread - https://jetboaters.net/threads/seadoo-idf-intelligent-debris-free-pump-system.29936/

I have more seat time on my VX Cruiser HO than in my SX210, and knock on wood, have never had to swim under the ski. But have used the clean out ports on the SX quite a few times.
@VitaminSea ....same here - two years with our SVHO FX Cruiser in the exact same marina and boating area as our 2020 SX195. Never cleaned -out the PWC but have had to use the j-boat clean-out 15 times since May?! BTW - let's hope the BRP PWC clean out mechanism (reverse gear?) is more reliable that their superchargers were - man did those generate $$$$$$ for the dealerships. I'm predicting this option is gonna cost owners BIG $$$$$ in maintenance and repairs! Sea Doo....no thank you! :cool:

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha ha there is a reason they are known in some circles (the jet ski rental industry) as Seapoos. Bottom line? Look at a rental place. Nothing but Yamahas or Kawasakis. No Sea Doos. For obvious reasons. You can abuse (and renters do) the Yamahas and Kawasakis and they keep on churniing.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ha ha there is a reason they are known in some circles (the jet ski rental industry) as Seapoos. Bottom line? Look at a rental place. Nothing but Yamahas or Kawasakis. No Sea Doos. For obvious reasons. You can abuse (and renters do) the Yamahas and Kawasakis and they keep on churniing.
@OCMD...100% agreement from here. My first ski was a Kawasaki "stand-up" we tuned it to within an inch of its life, submerged it a dozen times a day and couldn't kill it. The main reason I choose a 2018 Yamaha SVHO FX PWC and next a 2020 Yamaha SX195 was the engine reliability. Everywhere we have scuba dived around the world 95% of the jet skis are Yamahas and 80% of the outboards are Yamahas with another 10% being Tohatsus.....you can't seem to kill a Yamaha marine engine - even if you try - and the renters do. I'm from Canada - land of (I like your name) Seapoos and I just can't recommend them. We used to call them grenades! :cool: