• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 SX 190 Display not working

Middi9999

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all. First time poster. Need help.

I changed the battery in my 2021 SX 190 and then the boat was dead. Brand new battery and we couldn’t figure out what the issue was. Turns out we blew some fuses. At first the whole boat was dead; no motor, no display and no power to any accessories. One by one we found a few blown fuses and everything is back up and running except the multi function in dash control panel. That continues to be non functioning.

I have read there are several issues with this unit when charging or replacing batteries that this has happened before, but i am pretty handy so id like to assume there is a relay or a fuse that i am not locating for this unit. I cant imagine something this important doesn’t have a relay. ANYWAY, the point is, I don’t know which relay it is or where it might be located. Nothing is labeled in the fuse panel and the book is useless.

Does Anyone know which relay/fuse runs the boats touchscreen display?

Thanks in advance.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you checked behind the screen itself. I think there's a fuse back there as well.

Middi9999

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you checked behind the screen itself. I think there's a fuse back there as well.
Nothing is there except the battery fuse. Thats the problem. I have found out that this is a known issue. Yamaha never installed a relay/fuse to protect the Connect unit in the dash. Service guy at my dealership says he is dealing with a few. They are working on a warranty replacement for me for the unit. Problem is, they have no ETA on the part.

Seems like the issue just is what it is.