• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha Prices

Zona 195S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Curious what they are charging you on freight and prep.? I think mine was 1,800, which I’m still scoffing at some. I had one place tell me 3k, but 2020 prices, what a joke.
$2500... The freight portion of that is likely variable based on the destination location. I believe these are made in Tennessee which is roughly 1500 miles away from me. Not sure what is involved in prep aside from taking the cover off and cleaning transport related grime off the hull and trailer. Seems fairly reasonable unless these costs are already built into the MSRP.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Agreed. Laws of supply and demand usually benefit business otherwise they go out of business. Just the way the world works. Not sure if this is a miillenial concept. Now if price goes well beyond expectations then you may have a case of price gouging.
If laws of supply and demand determine pricing then I’m not sure how there could ever be “price gouging”.

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess negotiating for a better deal is out of the question? :rolleyes:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not until directive 10-289 is put in place.
Oh hell no. Not gonna happen here sista. BTW... this is a jet boat forum not a Marxist forum. Take it elsewhere girlfriend.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh hell no. Not gonna happen here sista. BTW... this is a jet boat forum not a Marxist forum. Take it elsewhere girlfriend.
People are demanding that Yamaha produce a certain number of boats at a certain price...

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
People are demanding that Yamaha produce a certain number of boats at a certain price...
What does that have to do with your reference to directive 10-289??

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What does that have to do with your reference to directive 10-289??
A little off topic. But Earlier in the thread @HangOutdoors mentioned someone was upset there was not enough boats and they wanted the prices to stay the same. Which reminded me of Atlas Shrugged.

One of the points in directive 10-289 was: “Every establishment, concern, corporation or person engaged in production of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth produce the same amount of goods per year as it, they or he produced during the Basic Year, no more and no less...” And point seven states that prices are to stay the same.

So by all means negotiate and let the laws of supply and demand determine the price you pay.

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A little off topic. But Earlier in the thread @HangOutdoors mentioned someone was upset there was not enough boats and they wanted the prices to stay the same. Which reminded me of Atlas Shrugged.

One of the points in directive 10-289 was: “Every establishment, concern, corporation or person engaged in production of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth produce the same amount of goods per year as it, they or he produced during the Basic Year, no more and no less...” And point seven states that prices are to stay the same.

So by all means negotiate and let the laws of supply and demand determine the price you pay.
Ah! Got it. The reason I freaked was I’m very familiar w D 10-289.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Anyone putting down deposits for 2021's, how much of a deposit are you giving?

Thanks
I was asked for $1000 deposit but they never ran the credit card. I understood it as a way of committing to the dealership my intent to purchase from them when the boat is available and we can work out a deal.

Yoyoski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Several dealers near me are offering pre-order on 2021 models at 2020 prices. I’m not familiar with Yamaha Pricing. Would one expect such an increase that 2020 msrp is a decent deal on a 2021?
My dealer here in eastern Washington says an AR 190 will be $33,149. Not much of an increase over the 2020 price of $32,899. Don't think I am going to try to haggle much on the price given the scarcity of these boats. I will see what kind of deal on accessories I can get. Mine should be arriving within two weeks I was told. Here are the AR190 colors and interior colors. The interiors are for color reference only- they are NOT AR190 interiors. I have my pick, but not really a fan of the tan (called warm) color. we will see what it looks like in person. Pretty excited to get a boat after selling our pontoon this year!

Attachments

Yoyoski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone putting down deposits for 2021's, how much of a deposit are you giving?

Thanks
I only put down $500. Usually a $1,000, but dealer said since they have no boats to look at, $500 was fine. (fully refundable)

Yoyoski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, of course tax and license with dealer prep kicks the price close to $40K. Ouch. Should have asked more for the pontoon!

Michael Night

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I notice everyone only put $500 deposit for a 2021,My dealer was asking 5,000 for deposit.
Does that sound right?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no that doesn't sound right at all. Find a new dealer. Or if you can't and need to use that dealer and have to give him $5000, which is totally absurd, then make sure in writing it is spelled out that it is fully refundable for any reason you want in totality.

Michael Night

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
no that doesn't sound right at all. Find a new dealer. Or if you can't and need to use that dealer and have to give him $5000, which is totally absurd, then make sure in writing it is spelled out that it is fully refundable for any reason you want in totality.
well i figured i was going to buy the boat regardless and use that as a down payment. Hopefully they will have the first boats in florida, Jacksonville.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got an AR190 on order. I'm not sure that I could do the Suede gray with a warm (brown) interior. I'd have to see it, but I can't think that color combo would work for me. This is what I saw for the early release boats. It looks like all of the 190 are coming out with the cool interior

1595952041838.png