• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha SX210 recurring clog/overheat in starboard engine only

Kyle Drake

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had advice or experience with the issue I've been having with my 2021 SX210.

Almost every other time I take the boat out, the starboard engine gets clogged with the smallest of debris. Small pencil tip sized piece of soft rubber, fragile twig, some leaves, etc. Always happens when in no-wake mode. Meaning, by the time I know something is in there, I get the "engine overheat" warning and have to shut down for 20-30 minutes.

What I can't understand is that my port side engine runs like a champ. I've gone through the muckiest areas of water on that engine alone (when I am running on one engine because the starboard has to be shut down), and it churns through anything without a problem. I did have that engine cavitate when it sucked up a large shell months back, but that was a legitimate piece of impeller clogging debris. But that was full-throttle in shallow water, and the port side engine has never clogged or overheated during no-wake mode.

Why is the starboard engine continuously compromised by the smallest and softest of objects? How can it be only THAT engine 100% of the time? I feel like there may be a flaw in that engine or something. It should also be noted that the starboard engine can only go to 6800 rpms while the port engine can hit 7200-7300 rpms

Do I have a lemon right-side engine? Perhaps a some sort of mis-alignment? I'm hoping someone might be familiar with what I'm experiencing and may have some advice.

Thanks for any help in advance!

KD

Last edited:
Hope it's still under warranty. The dealer needs to make it right. I bought a used 2016 SX240 until now with letting it sit up for to long had an impeller problem. When I replaced the impeller housing both engines loved running wide open. I've accidently been running rather fast over 1 foot of water and never had problems with debris getting sucked in. Maybe some others know more it just doesn't sound right.

Back