• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha Waverunner EX Deluxe

JamieBrooke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I own a 2021 Yamaha waverunner ex deluxe. Last weekend we had bad storms which caused lots of debris in the water. Long story short I ran over a stick and was unable to blow it out. Pulled the ski out and was able to locate a small and thin stick jammed across the prop. Once I got it loose and started it, it sounded great. Put the ski back in and began to hear a rattling in the front of the engine that wasn’t there before. So I pulled it back out and flushed the engine twice over the week and restarted it yesterday out of water. It’s sounds ok but afraid to put it back in and cause more damage if it is still messed up. What should I do?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check your wear ring and impeller. Won’t hurt anything but your speed, but is a cause for rattling noises.

JamieBrooke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Check your wear ring and impeller. Won’t hurt anything but your speed, but is a cause for rattling noises.
When I first hit the stick I had no speed only 6 rpm. When I removed it, the speed when back to normal but the sound was horrible. This is my first jetski. What is the roundabout repair cost to fix the ring and impeller?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
When I first hit the stick I had no speed only 6 rpm. When I removed it, the speed when back to normal but the sound was horrible. This is my first jetski. What is the roundabout repair cost to fix the ring and impeller?
Not sure on your ski. If It’s the same as the boats I’d guess $300-$400 with labor.
If you’re mechanically inclined, watch a YouTube video and pull the pump. Something else could be in there still.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There is still a small piece of wood or other debris up in the impeller maybe between the fins it will make a god awful GRRRRRR! sound when you try to give it gas. go up from under the hull and look in the pump if it is wood you can hold a hair dryer in aimed up in toward the impeller to dry out the wood and hopefully get it to dislodge without needing to pull the pump