• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 FSH 210 Sport oil change kit

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello,

Looking for tips on what "do it yourself" oil change kit you guys purchase off Amazon? I have located my filter & 4 Stroke 4W oil just need the pump station and any tips you want to offer up for my initial 10 hr maintenance. Do you guys change your spark plugs at 10 hrs as well? TIA

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking for tips on what "do it yourself" oil change kit you guys purchase off Amazon?
I was using Yamalube, but after seeing a virgin oil analysis it's just basic oil, nothing fancy. The stock oil filters are very cheaply made so anything else would be better. I'm switching to Castrol 10w40 synthetic blend and Fram Toughguard filters for less than half the cost. Better oil and better filters.
I have located my filter & 4 Stroke 4W oil just need the pump station and any tips you want to offer up for my initial 10 hr maintenance. Do you guys change your spark plugs at 10 hrs as well? TIA
10 hour checks the plugs for condition/colour to look for issues. No need to change them until they wear. I'm at 149 hours and still have the stock plugs in there. Put the boat in Sunday afternoon and she runs great. Checked at 100 hours and I'll check them again next weekend. If I notice any performance drop, I'll change them out with new ones I have here waiting to go in.

Check every hose and clamp in the engine bay, lubricate the intermediate bearing, etc. It's all in your owner's manual in the maintenance section.

Also look for loose screws, nuts, etc.

Kyrostito

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello,

Looking for tips on what "do it yourself" oil change kit you guys purchase off Amazon? I have located my filter & 4 Stroke 4W oil just need the pump station and any tips you want to offer up for my initial 10 hr maintenance. Do you guys change your spark plugs at 10 hrs as well? TIA