• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Starved Rock to Peoria Run, Sunday October 9th

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every year, in October, we have a run on the Illinois river from Starved Rock Park in Peru, IL to Peoria IL. This is a 78 mile trip. It usually takes us 2 or so hours to cruise down. We eat lunch at Kuchie's on the Water and head back up. It is usually a nice relaxing pace. We will plan to leave Starved Rock at 8:30 am. Everyone should plan on getting there between 7:30 am - 8:00 am, so that we can launch and be ready to go by 8:30 am. We always encourage boaters to dress in layers. We usually always start off in sweats and end up in t-shirts by afternoon.

Also, after we leave lunch there are a few marinas where we can refuel heading back north.

Here is the thread from last year for anyone interested in doing this trip with us..

Confirmed:
@Babin Farms
@SCP1
@drdcardetailing
@Brian eilrich

Tagging:
@OperationROL
@Speedling
@BigAbe75
@scot71
@RiverRat
@Eric Popper
@swatski
@Nickp98
@yam230
@JCampbell
@shane hric
@nickj718
@RxH2O
@luckie_529
@Nathan Bryant
@Just1more
@Kumpy
@R00st
@RxH2O
@YamahaForMe
@aarons1k
@dan144k
@Foot55
@Lawman25
@Sheboat
@Shelbyville
@Bizywk
@Dogsluvtrux
@CAP44
@JetBoat1521

Last edited:

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May try to make it. Haven't been in 7 years. Year we went we started out in layers and ended up covered in blankets shivering!

Eric

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'll fill your place! I've never done it. Tried but barge traffic through the locks wasn't cooperating.
No locks between the starved rock launch and peoria. Just beautiful cruising!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I highly doubt we will be going. This is a busy year with big house projects and church "assigned" me building and grounds chairman and technology chairman which is a lot of work!
We are starting to get into repairs on boat seats and such as well so while we may have a day to do this, the boat will probably go to upholstery guy early to get started.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ll check with the boss and see what she says. I’m sure we have soccer on Saturday, but we could probably still get up there by Sat evening.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As it get's closer I'm going to keep bumping this thread to the top of "What's New" and hopefully get a few more boats to make the trip with us.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else interested in making this trip with us??? We’d love to have anyone join, jet boat or not.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to hijack a thread but figured I'd throw out that the fireworks in morris for cornfest are this Saturday on the river and watching it from the river on a boat is pretty cool. This'll be my 2nd year doing it and it's just awesome.

drdcardetailing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Not to hijack a thread but figured I'd throw out that the fireworks in morris for cornfest are this Saturday on the river and watching it from the river on a boat is pretty cool. This'll be my 2nd year doing it and it's just awesome.
We will actually be coming back up from
Peoria on Saturday. Would you be able
To send me the details, ramp location.. any regulations, parking … etc

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The fireworks are scheduled at 8:30 on Sat October 1st. They launch them off on the south side of the river straight across from the public boat launch at Stratton state park. I think this launch usually closes at 9 or 10 ordinarily but is open all night during corn fest. It's a well maintained concrete ramp with multiple lanes and plenty of parking and lighting. Very safe to park at also. There is usually a good handful of boats out for this and the best place to go is east of the overpass (upriver).