• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 SX195 Trailer Vibration

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi All
When I trailer about 55mph, I notice a considerable vibration in our 2022 Yukon XL. When the trailer is off, the vibration is gone. Could the trailer wheels need balanced? These would be the factory wheels from the trailer manufacture, roughly 100 miles on the trailer. I saw some previous posts about defective trailer wheels, could this be the same issue?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi All
When I trailer about 55mph, I notice a considerable vibration in our 2022 Yukon XL. When the trailer is off, the vibration is gone. Could the trailer wheels need balanced? These would be the factory wheels from the trailer manufacture, roughly 100 miles on the trailer. I saw some previous posts about defective trailer wheels, could this be the same issue?
Put some good radials on it and your problem will more than likely be gone. I recommend Good Year Endurance

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
sounds like a balance issue it will vibrate at certain speeds

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi All
I would ditch the bias tires on the trailer and upgrade to radials. Obviously not a 100% certain this is the issue, however it’s a start. If this does not correct your problem you know it’s your tires on your vehicle. At the end of the day you end up with better tires on your trailer.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Last weekend I took the trailer to a local tire shop and had them balance the factory trailer tires. Shockingly, the guy at the tire shop front desk argued with me that he has NEVER balanced a trailer tire and suggested that I do not. I went against his advice, had the tires balanced (even the guy in the shop said they were way out) and was able to get the trailer up to 75mph on the freeway with no vibration or fender vibration.

#lovebeingright

Waterpusher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Picked up our SX195 with shorelander galvi trailer last week and noticed that it surged, creaked and swayed. Thought it was a disc brake issue but taking a closer look and noticed that only one side of one leaf spring has a nylon bushing. All others have 1/4” gap on each side between the spring and trailer clamp, open space. Looks like somebody missed QC on this one!B1A08353-2C24-4372-A323-172A7C9277B7.jpeg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NOT IMPRESSED WITH SHORELANDER! especially the SH&!$TY Carlisle tires they put on it. First set warrantied. I asked for radials but they sent the same junk again. Same problems with the outer tread hatching. Now a bubble in it. Submitted warranty again! I asked for a credit- I am going to put on some radials and different rims.

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
NOT IMPRESSED WITH SHORELANDER! especially the SH&!$TY Carlisle tires they put on it. First set warrantied. I asked for radials but they sent the same junk again. Same problems with the outer tread hatching. Now a bubble in it. Submitted warranty again! I asked for a credit- I am going to put on some radials and different rims.
Agreed, I would consider getting a D rated radial (not all manufacturers make these in that tire size so look around).

Waterpusher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Those tires pictured look ancient

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Easiest way to balance them would be adding balance beads. Any weird wear patterns? Could the spindle or axle be bent?? Not necessarily a warranty item , could have been damaged hitting a pothole.

Mine were manuf 2019 and were showing cracks in sidewall. Replaced with GY Endurance. Don't want to worry about flats on the way to the water.

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Waterpusher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That’s crazy, they should hold up for at least 3 years

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last weekend I took the trailer to a local tire shop and had them balance the factory trailer tires. Shockingly, the guy at the tire shop front desk argued with me that he has NEVER balanced a trailer tire and suggested that I do not. I went against his advice, had the tires balanced (even the guy in the shop said they were way out) and was able to get the trailer up to 75mph on the freeway with no vibration or fender vibration.

#lovebeingright
Same here. Had my trailer tires balanced. They were way off. Trailer is smooth as can be now.