• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2022 Yamaha AR 250 Engine Stalling during first engine start of the day

68junglejim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All,
After waiting we’ll over a year my Ar 250 finally arrived and I have been really enjoying the jet boaters site, you all rock.
First day on the lake the engine would turn over just fine, but once they began to run they would stall out after 1-2 seconds. After repeating this process about 4 times they ran great for the rest of the day. It had been a week since they had last been ran. Any tips or hints to get the engines to start on the first try? Do I need to add any throttle?

Boat ran fine the rest of the day, and started immediately every time after the initial start. tank was 3/4 full of new gas. Boat was floating horizontally when I attempted to start it.

thanks any starting advice is much appreciated!

Possibly air in the fuel lines, try turning on the ignition and leaving the key on for a few seconds before starting the engines.

They run a little lean from the factory to begin with. Colder weather takes a few more turnovers for my initial start too.

I always thought this was not normal for a modern fuel injected engine but it appears normal for the Yamaha 1.8 SVHO engine Also Cobra Jets advice is good as the first 3 seconds turning the key to the on position the fuel pump primes(pressures rises) the fuel rails and the injectors.....then shuts down waiting for the turn over to start. Waiting a week to start...... the rails might bleed off some pressure and might stumble during as quick key turn to start.

Back