• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 SVHO vs HO

midwest22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi All,

I have a friend that is looking at purchasing a 2023 Waverunner. He's wondering if there are any extra maintenance or reliability concerns he should have if he goes with a model with the SVHO.

Based on what I've read the SVHO is a bit quicker off the line and has a top speed of 5-10mph faster. Downsides are it is super charged so little more maintenance and requires premium gas. However, I didn't find any specifics on what "more maintenance" means. If anyone can provide some insights or recommendations between the two that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Garrett

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From what I’ve read the supercharger needs to be rebuilt every 200 to 250 hours. I don’t know what that means cost and effort wise. The other con being the supercharged Waverunners cost about $2,000 more before sales tax than the non supercharged models. The integrated speakers are another $800 and the cruiser models add about another $500 (for a tiered seat, pop up cleats and different colored graphics and trim). If your friend wants high performance at minimum cost i recommend super charged, non cruiser and no integrated sound.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a little experience with P W C's and I stay away from the super charged versions , hole shot may be a bit faster but the US Coast Guard has set a top speed limit for all p w c's so the top speed is pretty close with the na and super charged models the restrictions is for safety since 60+ m p h can rip your arms and legs off if you hit the water wrong. I have a blast with my Yamaha P W C's and the fuel consumption is pretty good in comparison to the supercharged models I had a while back, The worst one I had was the ULKTRA 250 KAWASAKI It was in the shop all the time. Some of my favorite things to do with my skis.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I’ve read the supercharger needs to be rebuilt every 200 to 250 hours. I don’t know what that means cost and effort wise. The other con being the supercharged Waverunners cost about $2,000 more before sales tax than the non supercharged models. The integrated speakers are another $800 and the cruiser models add about another $500 (for a tiered seat, pop up cleats and different colored graphics and trim). If your friend wants high performance at minimum cost i recommend super charged, non cruiser and no integrated sound.
There is no maintenance requirement for the supercharger. That is for seadoos. I have an svho waverunner and the complete manual there the supercharger isn't a maintenance item.
Just recommend a blowoff valve to help protect the clutch/sprag from getting beat up