• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on a 2020 Sea-Doo GTI SE 170?

Jrock8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NA
Hi all! I found a used 2020 Sea-Doo GTI SE 170 with 10 hours, still under warranty through June 2021.

I put a deposit down this year for a new WaveRunner EXDeluxe, but this bubbled up, and I am intrigued. I would obviously be getting a lot more features and power. A few questions if anyone wouldn't mind throwing some input on for me (I am new to owning any PWC!):

-Reliability of SeaDoos: I have been pretty sold on Yamaha because of the reliability debate, is this still a good ski?
-Price: NADA has this with a trailer valued at $10,800 for average retail. She is asking for $12,500; I countered at $11k because of the value. She countered back and offered to include vests, safety kits, the rope and a tube for $12000. Do you think with the ski at 10 hours, the 2020 trailer, and all of that stuff included that $11,500 would be a good deal? I don't feel comfortable with 12k, but I want to know if you all think it would be outrageous to pay around $11,500.

Someone also has a GTR-230 for $12,500; I don't know if I'm ready for the maintenance of a super-charged ski though...

Thank you in advance for any input! I appreciate you all for the help thus far!

Last edited:

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I owned a 2016 GTI and had zero issues with it. Seadoo makes a fantastic machine and I'm sure you'll have no issues. Just make sure they didn't run it in the shallows as this sucks up sand and rock which damages the plastic thrust ring and prop inside the jet nozzle. Good luck!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When are you expecting your EX to be in? With production and supply chain delays driven by COVID (I can’t speak to a specific issue regarding the WaveRunners, but have seen mentions of reduced 2021 boats, etc.), I think you are doing the right thing, considering existing preowned inventory.

I am impressed with the SeaDoos ingenuity and how they include things that a comparable Yamaha doesn’t such as a hinged sea to access the engine, or trim. Cant speak to their new hull technology.

My FIL has a 2015 GTX260 (I believe those are the proper initials), and really hasn’t had much in the way of issues, with the exception of an occasional check engine light, which usually resets after a brief rest/restart and won’t appear again during that outing. (Might be as simple as needing new plugs)

Great write up here, and I think I’d favor the GTI over the EX when it comes to features. Certainly worth a look...