• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea-Doo Speedster/Sportser advice?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m the one who decided to be the price police and express my opinion as gospel for everyone else.
Yes, you certainly did.........

Likely a typo but you hit the nail right on the head.

Igetwet

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Why don’t you explain where you think someone inferred that someone else is pricing something too high.

Gotta love the piling on a “new guy” who doesn’t just fall in line with someone else’s opinion.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You assume a lot. Stating that if there were some aluminum tubing over the top of the boat, completely ruining the lines and style of it, would have it sold instantly is laughable. Not everyone wants a tower.

Again, you’re trying to compare a rare high performance jet boat to an everyday jet boat that they’re making more of everyday. If old guys want to go slow and have more room that’s great and I respect that for them. Assuming that’s how everyone thinks is almost insulting.

Why do some think they have to be the pricing police? Perspective buyers are smart enough. They don’t need somebody trying to tell them what they should think.

Already getting interest btw.
This thread isn’t about you, it’s an info thread for he OP and folks looking to buy. We are giving them advise on real world boat values. If we wanted to badmouth your sale ad, we would have done that in “your” thread. But we have more manners than to do that, as we all respect each other on this board.

But if you want to start a new thread about rare boat values, feel free to do so. And I have a Buell motorcycle that is no longer made from 2010 and a 2012 yamaha Snowmobile. The most powerful Japanese made Yamaha snowmobiles, and at 12 years old, it’s not gaining any value (smile). The point is, there is a reason Yamaha no longer makes snowmobiles, and BRP stopped making boats. And why the 200 Wake outsold the non wake version probably 15 to 1. The demand for that rare boat was never there. Again, that does not badmouth the boat.

Also keep in mind, fast is a relative term. Compared to any other boat in the same price category as a 24’ yamaha, 50+ mph is considered a fast boat for the money.

Igetwet

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
More interesting facts, an ar192 is 18k and Yamaha no longer makes snowmobiles…

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
More interesting facts, an ar192 is 18k and Yamaha no longer makes snowmobiles…
Ya, I was was wrong. We passed on the 192 at $18k. It was overpriced. But Yamaha quit shipping Japanese made sleds in 2018. 2025 is the final year for the units built by Arctic cat in Mn