• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 sx190 monster wake tower MTK install

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got the monster tower MTK with Bimini and waiting for it to arrive. I have a few questions that might have been answered but for older sx190’s
I will post progress pics as I go…

1. do I need to add more reinforcement other than the plate the comes with it. I looked under and it looks like it is thicker all the way back to the fuel cap area?

2. if I fold forward how much higher than the window is it? If I fold backwards does it hang past rear deck?

3. it looks like I will need to raise the rear up 3” or 4” to make it sit right. I am thinking an aluminum plate between the base and the mounting bracket would work for that?

4. how close to the back of the window should I mount the front base?

Last edited:

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If your going to install on the top gunel, no reinforcement needed other than the plates. However, I still used marine plywood for a little help with reinforcement. As far as measuring and placement. Get a couple of friends or family to help you out. Put the tower together and then place it where you think you may want it. My tower folds back and it sticks out about 3 inches past the rear deck. I didn't use anything for a riser.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I followed this video.

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok did you try folding forward and not low enough?

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Exactly! It would sit a little higher than the windshield and it would not have fit through the garage door. Folding back is perfect for me.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got the monster tower MTK with Bimini and waiting for it to arrive. I have a few questions that might have been answered but for older sx190’s
I will post progress pics as I go…

1. do I need to add more reinforcement other than the plate the comes with it. I looked under and it looks like it is thicker all the way back to the fuel cap area?

2. if I fold forward how much higher than the window is it? If I fold backwards does it hang past rear deck?

3. it looks like I will need to raise the rear up 3” or 4” to make it sit right. I am thinking an aluminum plate between the base and the mounting bracket would work for that?

4. how close to the back of the window should I mount the front base?

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2020 sx195. Mine folds back. Had 4 in risers made to level at a local machine shop. I used some plywood in addition to the supplied plates. Monster sent me longer screws. Mine does hang off back a bit. But needed to go back to fit in garage.

Attachments

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Like @rtaylor said, I totally forgot. Longer screws are a must if you're installing on top gunel.

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you know what size they sent you? I will probably just pick some up locally.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Call them and ask, they will send them to you for free. I paid a couple of dollars for shipping.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, they sent them out no charge to me as well. If you are going to use a riser plate of some sort, you will really need long bolts. My tube extensions had nothing to do with that but still needed longer bolts because of the combined thickness of fiberglass, wood and supplied plates. The machine shop ordered a threaded rod and cut in half, then drilled and tapped the cylinders. Really easy job for machine shop. I think it was like 250 or so. I tried 6 inches first, but that was too long for our gunnel. He took couple inches off for me and re-tapped. I would put the forward bracket pretty close to where the windshield comes down. I could have gone a little closer and would have given me another inch when folded down. And definitely get couple guys to help like Michal said. My son and I did it and we really could have used more. I will send you a pic of a pvc bracket I put together for tower to rest on when folded back to take all stress off brackets when folded.
I am about 185, and contorting my old ass to get access to tighten bolts is fun but can be done. tip: wear a long sleeve shirt, the fiberglass around the compartments will eat your arms up. (Ask me how I know)

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So could have gone little
Closer to windshield. Had some old pvc laying around and threw together a rest for the tower to take weight off brackets when folded. Just sitting in cup holders

Attachments

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That stand is awesome! Let me take a picture of mine and you'll have a good laugh.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Notice I went as close as possible to the windshield frame.

Attachments

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That stand is awesome! Let me take a picture of mine and you'll have a good laugh.
Hey it works right! Notice I have couple double layer koozies on bottom that fit nicely in cup holders. Wife was like that thing doesnt have to stay back there I hope when we are boating. I just laughed

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Those koozies are a great idea! May have to use that.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Next install was an in dash ride steady where phone holder was.

Attachments

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Very nice! One of first mods was chart plotter/ fish finder. As well as thrust vectors. I have a thread somewhere on the chart plotter.

Attachments

ryanotown22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you sure that only hangs off past the back deck 3” maybe the pic makes it seem further