• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 255XD Information

TJlynch0214

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys! So I have bought a new 2024 255XD but I have not been able to see everything it has and was hoping you guys could fill in some of the gaps.

Underwater lights - I see there is a light on the back of the boat underwater. Is that blue in color or is it white? Is it super bright or do I need to add aftermarket lights there to make it worth it.

Does the tower speakers have LED lights on them. I noticed the small ones around the boat do but was unsure if the tower speakers have them. If not has anyone added LED lights to them.

How is the noise on the engines? I have had an AR230 for the last 13 years and it is loud as hell. Is there big improvements with the engine noise.

Wake Surfer - is there a wake surfing board that works better with the Yamaha Jet Boat wake?

As you can see a theme in my questions. Is the overall LED's perfect for night or do they lack? All of our neighbors park in the middle of water at night and want it to be as cool if not cooler than the neighbors boat if you know what I mean =).

Last question - Is there anything I need to invest in, upgrade etc... that others have done to the boat that either help performace or functionality that I need to know about.

Thanks a ton guys!

Congrats on the new boat.

The under water light is a blue color, its bright, but I've seen brighter.

No LEDs on tower speakers.

It's A LOT quieter than an AR230.

For surfing you're going to want a very buoyant board. The wave is surfable but the buoyant board helps provide more push.

The LEDs in the boat seem great to me. You're going to want more under the swim deck if you want to WOW anyone.

Yes, upgrade the factory amps if you really want to wow you neighbors. Performance upgrades all depend on how much $$$ you want to spend. Boat performance mods aren't as easily noticeable in the seat of the pants like in a car or truck, so it's really a question of how much do you want to spend. Do a quick search for 255XD mods or build, there are a few threads out there from different folks including myself that may give you some ideas about mods you might want to try/do.

What F.M. said. lol

What F.M. said. lol
Thanks guys! So a few more additional questions I appreciate all the feedback! Few more questions and again I appreciate you guys taking the time.

Does anyone know what Wetsound Tower Speakers they use? Apparently they sell an LED ring for them and I wanted to order it now before I got the boat to install them.

I know you suggest a very boyant Wake Surfer board, do you have any boards you can recommend?

So has anyone installed additional underwater lights on their 255XD and can they recommend a brand?

Thanks again!

The tower speakers are Icon 8s.

I have the board that came with the Yamaha surf wakebooster package a few years back. Do a quick search of the forum for surf boards and that’ll give you some idea about boards.

I haven’t, nor do I now of anyone who has added more lights to the factory one. I sure you could just go in thru the cleanout tray and wire one or two more in parallel with the one that’s there since they’re LED and don’t hand much power draw.

The tower speakers are Icon 8s.

I have the board that came with the Yamaha surf wakebooster package a few years back. Do a quick search of the forum for surf boards and that’ll give you some idea about boards.

I haven’t, nor do I now of anyone who has added more lights to the factory one. I sure you could just go in thru the cleanout tray and wire one or two more in parallel with the one that’s there since they’re LED and don’t hand much power draw.
Thanks F.M

Wetsound sells the LED Ring Kit for the Icon 8's. I was wondering if anyone had installed it on the 255Xd. I was looking for video installations but havent found any good ones yet.

Still looking for Underwater Lighting kits that might be good, will let you know if I find one.

Back