• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 Models and Discounts 22 and 25 pricing

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Good morning, I have been learning, researching, for about a year now and have concluded I can't decide on one size or series LOL. I want to switch now on negotiation vs waiting for a boat to come in. Price now is becoming more important vs waiting for a 255xd. Has anyone got close to MSRP with all fees/taxes/registration otd on a 22-25 2024? a dealer near me has a lot more inventory in stock than in months past. However they state 255xd is tough to get. Looking for advice on total paid this year on a 2024 in relation to MSRP, I want to start offering a price below MSRP OTD . thank you

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer and salesman were fantastic (in my opinion). 2024 AR220 with bow and cockpit cover, swim up seats, trailer guide poles, and installed the Garmin I provided at no charge. Total before taxes (with all those options) was $54,153. Out the door with sales tax ($1899) and registration fees ($289) was $56,341. MRSP Is $55,999. Plus he came up on trade in to match another dealers offer on my pontoon boat.

Not sure if the dealers have more wiggle room on base boats vs the high end boats?

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
wow thats sounds like a discount thank you!

grim5.0

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2024 being offered for $5k below msrp in North Texas. Was on the fence buying then and wonder if there was a few more grand to be had tbh. Figured if they were offering that in the spring, what's end of season going to look like?

Was OTD at yamahas posted MSRP, ttl incl. Quite a few ar250 local too. Fall will be interesting to see on incentives. Blackbeard Marine in Oklahoma still has 2023's that should be able to get even more off.

Have seen a few YouTube vids with guys mentioning $10k off in Florida.. have not verified.

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
thank you for your feedback, I will check out youtube for sure, Still waiting for the 255xd to come in, Dealer has a 255xe and several 22 foot in stock.. I have a deposit but almost feel like I am at a disadvantage on negotiating :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are waiting for a boat to come in with that has the SC like the 255xd, would probably wait till 2025 Models and they will most likely be getting the 1.9L SC, the new engine. Otherwise no reason to buy a new one, save a ton on a couple year old one.

Additionally I don't forsee the boat market getting any stronger in the next few years, so I would anticipate additional incentives and discounted boats late summer early fall.

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I understand your point, the local dealer insist "if" the sc 1.9 comes out next year , it would be in a ski/27 foot first, SO to be safe I am trying to get below msrp today, that way easier to sell if needed (less of a loss) down the road, If i could find a 1.9 liter ar250 or worst case a 252s I might pull the trigger, But after the 252s I would just step up to 255xe or 255xd (discount of course) have not seen too many reviews of the 252xe.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt they will drop another 27 next year. Only thing they would benefit from is a Center Console 27. But there is no reason for them to keep putting 1.8's in new boats, that is not how they role. They would then be working into 3 engines different in their boats.

I am seeing alot of of new Ar250's being discounted. If I wasn't going to upgrade to a Center Console, I would upgrade to the 250. Waiting to see wat the 255 FSH looks like for 2025 in August. None the less, when they do release the SC 1.9's, it will drive the SC 1.8's down on resale value for sure.

Or maybe it is good not really care and just get the boat and enjoy it. And not quibble of price. I have left $10,000 in Vegas before over a week over nothing - Gambling, Drinks, ridiculous Meals, etc., so buying a boat and saving a couple few more grand is really a silly thing to hold out for and not enjoy the water. When it is put in perspective.

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
will head down to the dealer this week and throw some numbers around , appreciate your input!

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I visited my Yamaha dealer last month to pick up my 255 FSH after its annual service was complete, I saw at least half a dozen new 255XDs on their lot, and about a dozen 255 FSHs.

I don't know how the new-boat market is doing wherever you are, but here in the Gulf Shores area, almost all of the dealers are sitting on way too much inventory because the market has gone extremely soft. At the marina where I keep my other boat, my sales buddy there told me that they don't have enough space on-site for all the unsold boats in their inventory, so they're storing boats at their off-water service location.

I imagine dealers here are selling new boats below MSRP right now. But I would bet that in the fall, the pricing on the many leftover boats will drop precipitously.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Picked up a 255XD for $112k plus tax, including a morning cover and AGM batteries.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow I saw one 255 FSH Sport E for $89k and another for $85k Brand new listed. Season is upon us and the prices are being discounted.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow I saw one 255 FSH Sport E for $89k and another for $85k Brand new listed. Season is upon us and the prices are being discounted.
Might be a good time for you to convince the Admiral she'll be more comfortable in a 255. 😉