• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 Yamaha 255XD/XE Interior swap/trade. Tan / Gray

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
So I know this is a bit of a long shot, so go easy on me...

I have a blue 2024 255XD on order, but I'm not a fan of the tan on blue combo

Is there anyone who's getting a White/Gray 255XD/XE that might be interested in the Tan interior? Basically anyone interested in trading interiors?

Yes I know it would be quite a bit of work, (I've redone boats before). I imagine some of the panels are a trick to remove, but probably not impossible.
I love the 2024 blue 255, but Id really prefer the gray interior. Trying to weigh options to see if by some chance anyone would be interested in at least looking into it.

- I am willing to do all or at least help with doing the work if someone is within a day or two drive (I’m in NC

- If shipping is needed, I’d be willing to pay for it.

- Based off what the dealer said this should not affect the warranty.

***Pics are from Wonderland Marine's post, all photo pics credit to them***

Attachments

Last edited:

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I don't blame you for wanting to change it. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking with that combination. I like the blue / black hull but they should have gone with a white / grey interior with it.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
It’s weird I feel like the blue with grey and the white with tan would both look really good.

Maybe someone out there with a white one agrees and is interested in swapping 😆

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry Brendon. I am awaiting delivery of my 252sd white/grey and I'm keeping it. lol. I looked at the 255xd (Blue/Mocha) they had in the shop prepping for another customer. Hull looks amazing but have fun keeping it clean and buffed.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
is that blue or the sapphire? like prior years? My 2021 is sapphire.....but this picture looks way more deep blue to me...

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
i just looked on the site....the mocha def looks better on the slate blue.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
i just looked on the site....the mocha def looks better on the slate blue.
That is actually a Black and Blue Hull. The Slate Blue is lighter and covers 90% of the Hull with Mocha interior. The "Cool" interior is only available on the "Mist Grey" hull for the 255xd whereas the 255xe only comes in "Mist Grey/Cool".

The "Mist Grey" hull is much lighter than the brochure/web shows. Almost white until you walk up close.

I have looked at the "Mocha" interior on a white hull and it is a little overbearing. But some may prefer it.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I know this is a bit of a long shot, so go easy on me...

I have a blue 2024 255XD on order, but I'm not a fan of the tan on blue combo

Is there anyone who's getting a White/Gray 255XD/XE that might be interested in the Tan interior? Basically anyone interested in trading interiors?

Yes I know it would be quite a bit of work, (I've redone boats before). I imagine some of the panels are a trick to remove, but probably not impossible.
I love the 2024 blue 255, but Id really prefer the gray interior. Trying to weigh options to see if by some chance anyone would be interested in at least looking into it.

***Pics are from Wonderland Marine's post, all photo pics credit to them***
Too bad this is a 2023 Model Year. Wish they had this interior option for you in 2024. Looks good.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Sounds like my 255 should ship in the next few days. Will post pics, but bump to the offer of trading interiors with anyone interested

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sounds like my 255 should ship in the next few days. Will post pics, but bump to the offer of trading interiors with anyone interested
Brendon, sorry not looking to trade but curious. Are you planning on swapping out the deck pads too? The swim platform, step through, tabletop, helm, bow, etc? Multiple placements that are not snap in.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
I would, yes. I would get marine mat replacements and would pay for a set of the tan too if anyone was interested in swapping.

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Bump! Will even pay for shipping etc for people further away.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey, @Brendon where are you located?

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Hey, @Brendon where are you located?
I’m in New Bern NC, but if someone’s interested I’ll either drive to them, or pay for the shipping if need be. If someone is within a day or twos drive I will even do the work or help do it too.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Any luck Brendon? Here is a little teaser from my 2024 255xd. Mist Grey Hull w/ Cool Interior.

Attachments

Brendon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Nice! Nope nothing yet.

man Yamahas rendering is worthless, that’s basically white not gray.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice! Nope nothing yet.

man Yamahas rendering is worthless, that’s basically white not gray.
The Yamaha site and Brochure definitely are not "accurate" to what they show "Mist Grey" to be. The closer you get the more Grey comes out. I did look at a White SD model and boy was it WHITE.

Let me know when you take delivery and crank up the Tunes. Interested to hear your thoughts on the WetSounds System. I have been working with their Tech Support Team to get the correct Tune full information on the AMPs.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@ahenderson432 Thats a beaut Clark :winkingthumbsup" ! I just put a deposit on the same boat and color combo yesterday. It should be here Feb-Apr. Looks great man. You are not kidding about the Mist grey...at the boat show it looked more grey and more white above the rub rail. My family sat there and we had a debate for 15min on what the color was. And yes, the other Yamaha's with white hulls...no doubt that is a white!! LOL

I wouldn't mind the mist grey to be a little bit darker but I do love the color combo bud. Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the pix... I can wait to go from a 2014 242LS to a 2024 255XD.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Bump.

Any luck Brendon? Interested to see if you were able to swap interiors.

Be O Be

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don’t know. I think the mocha interior is badass. Just my opinion.