• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

21' Wake Booster + Thrust Vector Wake Compatibility

langstonkw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the Wake Booster today on my 212x and it works great with onboard ballast and 600lbs of steel shot. My kids are asking for some relief from the jet spray when I pull them on the tube and the TVW looks like a really solid option.

I have read several threads and posts where the question of whether or not the the Wake Booster and the TVW are compatible. However I have not seen a specific answer to the question for 21' boat. My specific questions are.
  1. On a 21' (212x) can you can you use the Wake Booster and the TVW together (W/O deflector)
  2. On a 21' (212x) does the TVW (W/O deflector) improve the wake or negatively impact the wake when combined with a Wake Booster
Does anyone have any experience with the configuration on 21' that might be able to answer the TVW and Wake Booster compatibility

Thanks in advance!

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have a 2015 212x and I recently modified a wake booster to fit. I also have the Cobra fangs installed. I know they helped a little with spray but mostly with steering.
I would be worried about to much side loading forces of using the TVW deflector at the same time though.
Sorry I could be of more help.

langstonkw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey #JetBoatPilot, do you have an opinion on this one? Are the compatible? The TVW would be a great addition to keep the spray off the kids.

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have a 2015 212x and I recently modified a wake booster to fit. I also have the Cobra fangs installed. I know they helped a little with spray but mostly with steering.
I would be worried about to much side loading forces of using the TVW deflector at the same time though.
Sorry I could be of more help.
What did you have to modify?

Dirwich

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@3 green tornados, I would also be very interested to hear what you did to modify your wake-booster to fit. I've been looking to get one and modify it as well. Any insight you can give?