• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH front cup holders have no drain hoses

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So we had a big storm the other day and I went down to check on the boat and found both compartments up front wet. No surprise being I owned a 190 FSH already. Up until than everything appeared to be staying pretty dry. Aside from the typical loose hose connections and missing zip ties on hoses I thought I was all good. After checking things over I realized the two front cup holders do not have hoses and both drain directly into the front storage compartments. Looks like they sit too low to tie into the front drains, so looks like the only option is to run hoses towards the back to the point they will drain into the bilge. Or simply cap them off. Has anyone else corrected this issue?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I put some hose on them and ran it down to the bilge. Others have simply capped them off. As for the rest of the hoses, I replaced all the zip ties with stainless steel Oetiker clamps.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The cup holder hose "problem" has to be the funniest FSH nuance. It would be so easy for Yamaha to correct the problem. (Bigger zip ties and pull them tighter? Maybe adhesive?) I read about it on here, bought my boat, checked them and yep, sure enough it was like every one else described.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Didn't have to worry about that on the 2016 190 because they didn't even install cupholders. Go figure

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like a pecs style clamp?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The technical name is an Oetiker clamp. There are single and double ear models, the double ear have more "adjustment". After using this style I'd be hard pressed to go back to a worm gear clamp for anything but the largest hoses or something that's constantly being connected and disconnected. PEX clamps are essentially the same thing, but usually come in imperial sizes where most of the stuff on these boats is metric (smaller hoses it doesn't really matter, they usually have enough flex).