• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH - The Right Boat?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't had the "hot engine" light yet on my 2017. I did have a hot engine on my LS2000 and even though it limited the RPM's to 3500, I continued to keep it running to get back to shore. Fast forward - I installed a new engine....

I take hot engine or temp warnings seriously now

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Awesome info for a new jet boater. Thanks!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you suck debris into the cooling intake grates it can produce an overheat condition and you get a check engine light. I did this with sand once, it was dark and became an overall unpleasant experience. Once the check engine lights come on initially, they will reduce performance. The normal performance is restored by cycling the ignition. Doing a few more cycles will indeed clear the check engine light as long as the condition that caused it is no longer active. Again, a 15 mile cruise at night on the ICW is not the best place to do this, so make sure you practice in daylight in a safe location.