• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 fsh tr1 engine spark plug #?

Gund128

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry cant find the part # online and dealer isn't answering. Thought this would be the fastest way to find the part # for ngk spark plugs for a tr1 engine 210fsh?

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I brought my boat in for it's 100 hour service and complained about top speed for starboard engine topping out at 7,300 or 7,600 on or about. He asked me when I changed the plugs last, I said, you said see you at 100 hour service after the 10 hour service. He changed the plugs and it was right back up to speed. He said about every 50 hours to change them.
There you go! Content about the FSH210. I also asked about special plugs but he said it was made to run on NGK.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sooooooooooooooooo bought the right plugs thanks to this thread (Thx Gund128 for asking). However, I did not look at the teeny tiny little Barbie spark plugs inside! Anyone have a part number for an actual spark plug socket for these?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And another $15 I will never see again because of this forum. But thank you.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wasn't my find... someone else posted it in an older thread. Just the same I ordered one that should be here today.

Gund128

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This one?

3/8-Inch Drive by 5/8-Inch Magnetic Swivel Spark Plug Socket | ARES 70045 | 10-Inch Swivel Extension Permits Access to Most Confined Areas Amazon.com: ARES 70045 | 3/8-inch Drive by 5/8-inch Magnetic Swivel Spark Plug Socket | 10-inch Swivel Extension Permits Access to Most Confined Areas: Automotive
Thank you for the info!
With the help of everyone on this site, my really non-mechanical self was able to finish the 10hr service.
Although I over-tightened one of the screws and snapped in half. Luckily I was able to unscrew the broken piece and replace it with the same size screw.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll be swaping out the plugs in the next day or two... had to get my time on the water this weekend!

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone try the CR9IEX spark plugs? It says it’s an upgrade to the CR9EB plugs. Just curious if I would get a slight performance increase.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Doubtful you’ll see any performance increase, this is just an iridium version of the standard plug.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t know why these plugs only seem to have a 50 hour life but that’s all I’m getting out of mine before the performance decreases in the motor. Change the plugs and it runs like a champ!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Some say its overkill, but a lot of us just change the plugs every season. I change the oil for the winterization routine in the fall then in the spring I run last years plugs for one outing to get the fogging oil out of the engine at which time I change the plugs for the new season. Both the 1.8s and the TR1s seem really sensitive when it comes to plugs.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Can't help but wonder if the iridiums wouldn't be a good investment for longevity (of the plug that is).

Matthew Sawicki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some say its overkill, but a lot of us just change the plugs every season. I change the oil for the winterization routine in the fall then in the spring I run last years plugs for one outing to get the fogging oil out of the engine at which time I change the plugs for the new season. Both the 1.8s and the TR1s seem really sensitive when it comes to plugs.
This is such a great idea! I noticed the performance issues at 30 hrs in my Twin TR-1's and posted all over for help because of gas in the oil. it was bc of the plugs weren't firing and injectors needing some sea-foam. For $5.99 a plug - that's only $40 a year to keep her running like a champ. well worth the investment. I learned more about my First Yamaha in the last 24 hours then in the last 3 years.