• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH trolling motor - 60 or 72 ?

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also have a 60" 80lb i-Pilot on my 210. Can you tell me what your max trolling speed is? I transferred mine from a LS2000. There I could get over 3 mph. On the 210, 2 mph is pushing it. I think an extra 1000 lbs could do it, but wondering if I need to give it a good service.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It would not be uncommon for me to be in conditions like this or even with larger seas.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you mounted and tested your trolling motor? Did you go 72"? I have a chance to upgrade my 54" 80# to 60" or 72" 112# and have lots of questions. How's it fit stowed? How did it do deployed? What was your max trolling speed?
Thanks

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not yet. It is like a $4000 project.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, then I might be first. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm thinking if 72" is too long, I can cut it down 6" or so. I also think at 72" the Ulterra would make deploy and retrieve easier.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are you going to get the one with the Link? I want to add a Humminbird to the bow and hook it up to the trolling motor.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a garmin on the helm. I like the idea of the trolling motor being able to follow the shore.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 60 inch 80lb unit. Was thinking of the 72, but decided against. The 60 unit, stowed, juts out proud of the hull as is and you need to pay attention to it when you pull up to a dock. Would be worried 72 would stick out even further. Also wondering overall width while towing. Not that any officer would notice, but if one wanted to give you a ticket, it gives them a reason.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's one of my concerns about the 72", but I can always shorten the shaft.

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Dwayne H, what are the measurements of your custom bracket?

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I went with the 72”. I put 2 batteries in the Center compartment as far forward as they would go, and the 3rd in the storage starboard side, under the seatView attachment 71213 View attachment 71214 . I used the quick mount system with a custom plate. It allows me to remove it quickly with one pin, and the cover fits.
Dwayne, I see what you did for mounting except I question that it' upside down, don't believe that female mount was made to be attatched to the boat, the puck is made to be, there is probably 10 times more pressure on the puck you remove with extension.and motor beyond it, if I'm incorrect let me know, I'd like to do the same as it leaves me a cleaner look, I just I'm not sure that it is safe, think of a diving board with all that motor weight extended way out 20" or so and at the foundation end the weak link instead of the other way around, I hope I'm wrong cause I envy the look, it just scares me when I think of a possible huge leverage difference.

Again I hope I'm wrong, tried to call MINN KOTA But there closed,

Thanks and let me know please if it' already passed the liability question.

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I went with the 72”. I put 2 batteries in the Center compartment as far forward as they would go, and the 3rd in the storage starboard side, under the seatView attachment 71213 View attachment 71214 . I used the quick mount system with a custom plate. It allows me to remove it quickly with one pin, and the cover fits.
Dwayne, SORRY, I' BLIND! LOL, Had retinal detatchment, 3rd surgery, I now see bolts on plate, that attatched female mount to puck mounted to your boat, I guess I'm back to square 1, what are dimensions of extension plate, I'd like to go aluminum 3/4" thick if I need to, and does it seem real solid?

Maybe 1/2" thick is enough?
Thank you,

Last surgery after oil removal which caused cataract was lense removal and replacement, 4th surgery next, Lol

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ok, I ordered a piece of aluminum 9" X 22" X 5/8"
Just need diagram of cuts to make.
Thanks,
drewzok72@gmail.com
Dwayne, also wondered if you were happy with mounting the puck to your boat, pm me and we can talk email or call (928) Eight 99- Nine374 Thanks!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
fyi - I went with a 4 bank charger and exterior plug. That allows me to charge all 4 batteries with 1 plug in, but you have 5 batteries. Maybe parallel charge the house and motor batteries?
I just installed (2) 2 bank chargers in my boat, tied together with a Y extension cord and then to a Noco GCP1 AC Port Plug With Extension Cord .. I have a Noco Gen2 Mini 8A by the house and start batteries and a Noco Gen2 20A by the trolling motor batteries.

Dwayne Henderson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Finally got to the boat, the plate is 6-3/4” wide, and 24” long. Basically I took the quick release plate and doubled it. The way I have it on the boat the 72 inch motor does not hang over the side, it puts the motor almost directly in front of the boat at the bow on the centerline, and when you remove it you were only left with the small plate. When I bolted it on, I put a backing plate the same size on the back side instead of washers. When I’m travelling in rough water or towing the boat I also have a ram mount clamp that hooks on the handrail and clamps to the motor shaft. This stops the motor from bouncing up and down and putting undue stress on the plate. I’m not sure about aluminum, I went with the stainless plate. It weighs about 5 pounds. That weight on the front corner was of no significance to me. This set up works great, ease of on and off, deployment, and where it sits when being used is just perfect. C70BF174-46C1-4B43-8AFC-EAB5C189260E.jpeg168E0655-4D3F-451D-BBB8-A01289D4C9A4.jpeg