• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

210 or 212 shipping bracket install

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This always seems to be a challenge to figure out. When I had my 2009 I couldn't find a single pic online and just guess and it worked out. I'm traveling with my boat next week at highway speeds and I'd like to use the shipping cover. I have the "brackets".....which really just appear to be flat stock metal with a couple of bolts. I have a rough idea of how they should be installed, but with this one I'd rather not guess. Can't for the life of me find a single pic online with them installed. Anyone got any pics of a 2017+ 210/212 with shipping brackets installed?

Here you go. Zoom into my tower right side. This was coming home when I picked her up.

20200514_112850.jpg

Hope it helps.

1594691911638.png

@suke I travelled at high speeds over the holiday weekend a lot with my mooring cover, about 450 miles give or take. I found that using a ball and the straps without poles as well as pool noodles on the window shield as others have suggested worked absolutely fantastic. I made sure a ratcheted the cover down good and snug. Didn't stretch it or anything. The large ball up front under the cover was perfect.

@suke I travelled at high speeds over the holiday weekend a lot with my mooring cover, about 450 miles give or take. I found that using a ball and the straps without poles as well as pool noodles on the window shield as others have suggested worked absolutely fantastic. I made sure a ratcheted the cover down good and snug. Didn't stretch it or anything. The large ball up front under the cover was perfect.
I want it more for the overall protection and it's fleece lined. Not necessarily concerned about traveling with the mooring cover. I traveled gone with the mooring cover on when I bought it, which was 1.5 hours or so at highway speeds.

So those curious with a 212x the flat bar has a threaded side. I didn't feel that was enough so I bought a 1/2-30 nylock bolt at Ace hardware for the top piece. Bottom has a bolt and washer. I put some tape largely to keep my clumsy self doing anything stupid.

Attachments

• 20200718_104441.jpg
    20200718_104441.jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200718_104456.jpg
    20200718_104456.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200718_104507.jpg
    20200718_104507.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
Back