• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212 x Yamaha not starting

Koke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can anyone help. We have a 2017 212 x Yamaha - we had a boat ride in the morning at idle. Backed into dock which is weedy and added fuel with a Jerry can. Started boat after fueling, after fueling port engine
engine started. Starboard engine would not. Now neither will crank. Got new batteries, checked kill switch, boat is in neutral. Checked most of the fuses. Dealer is closed till tue. Boat is on boat lift in water

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Two thoughts:

- is it possible that something is wrapped around the shaft? I sucked up a rope once and if this happens it could stop the engine from starting. You could start by checking the clean out ports but if you feel anything, I'd lift the boat out of the water so you can have a good look

- check the switch underneath platform where the clean out ports are. If that's not depressed, the engines won't start

Koke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Two thoughts:

- is it possible that something is wrapped around the shaft? I sucked up a rope once and if this happens it could stop the engine from starting. You could start by checking the clean out ports but if you feel anything, I'd lift the boat out of the water so you can have a good look

- check the switch underneath platform where the clean out ports are. If that's not depressed, the engines won't start

Koke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for you response! we did check that as that has happened before. It turned out to be the battery connectors although we checked them multiple times. It was a loose positive connection at the house power switch.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Strange, I could see that if the battery connectors on the start battery were loose.

regardless, glad you solved it. I always clean my cables at the beginning of the season and tighten the connectors with a wrench.