• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x factory ballast set up for wakesurfing?

DagsCAN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hi, I apologize if this has been covered but I am trying to figure out the best factory ballast setup for wakesurfing.

I have the 21’ 212xe, I also have the custom fat sac and Yamaha wakebooster.

Question is, would you fill all the factory ballasts %100 and add the fat sac to rear surf side swimdeck? Or keep the non surf side to 0% and fill the ski locker and surf side full?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I am in Canada and this weekend is my last chance to try to go ropeless before it gets too cold. :)

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
With the fatsac you should be able to get a pretty nice wave by filling all ballast to 100%. Just put the bag on your surf side, and it should be great! Have your spotter move to the surf side back seat corner. (Not the transom). Sometimes I drain one of the rear ballast tanks and only fill the surf side. It depends on how many people are on the boat. With 4 to 6 adults, you might not even need the transom bag.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I usually fill both factory ballast 3/4 full, center locker 3/4, Fatsac rear swim platform surfside (make sure its full), wakewedge or jetwash deflector or nothing, around 11 mph. Happy Surfing!

A lot of good info here:

DagsCAN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I usually fill both factory ballast 3/4 full, center locker 3/4, Fatsac rear swim platform surfside (make sure its full), wakewedge or jetwash deflector or nothing, around 11 mph. Happy Surfing!

A lot of good info here:
awesome thanks! Will give it a go this weekend