• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X or 203 VRX

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well, that just stinks that you have deal with all of that. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you are a dealer of any brand, then you are the face of that brand. I know that these dealers have to compete against one another, but to make you go out of your way to get warranty service is just bad business.
Thanks and I agree. Had we known all this prior to buying, may have looked more closely at a yammie.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Dealers pulling that crap (not working on boats not bought there) are shooting themselves in the foot. They get paid for warranty work, and someday you will probably buy another boat. Will you even consider buying it there? Unlikely. Very short-sighted, and petty.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wrapped up my 7th season with my 2010 on the chain. I run the biggest and baddest cobra fins on 242LS so between those and twin engines I can outmaneuver just about everything out there. I think I am about due for new impellers because I don't get much over 45mph but you can't tell otherwise. Twin engines are nice for clearing weeds...lots of milfoil on my part of Marie and on the west end of Channel by Choppers. The milfoil is so thick that the normal reverse trick does not work so you have to shut down one motor and put it in forward then reverse with the other to force a bunch of water through. If both are weeded and overheating then you are still going for a swim.

I climbed all over the Chaps at Munson and loved the fit and finish of the boats but hated the mechanicals. I have lots of complaints about fit and finish on my Yammie but love the mechanicals except for my oil cooler bolts (not a problem for boats newer than 2011). My opinion is that the perfect boat would be the chap with a Yamaha engine(s) and someone other than Nielsen's doing service (they are great people to buy a boat from though...love their sales department can't understand why their service department is sooooo bad).