• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x surf setup with factory ballast only?

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Lots of surf setups on the forums here, almost all use extra ballast on the swim platform. I'm trying to figure out the "best" setup with factory ballast only and the Yamaha wake booster. Anyone else using factory only? If so how are you setting up the ballast and what speed to get the best wave?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The wave produced is weak without the extra swim deck bag small kids can surf or if by chance you do drop the rope and start surfing with someone making a gradual turn any type of manuever and you fall out of the pocket. That 800 lbs on the surf side makes a huge difference and increases the surf pocket. I find it very fun to get a board with long skegs and use a long rope ans surf while holding onto the rope at 15MPH 60 ft + rope

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe this is a member of the board that used only ballast on his 21 foot Yamaha to make this wave

Attachments

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have an 09 212x and can use the factory bags only and go ropeless no problem. I also have a perfect pass which helps a ton and a homemade wake shaper. That said, I have a fatsac transom bag that makes the wave even better, but its definitely doable with only the factory setup.

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have gone ropeless and some others who are better than me. I did go ahead and buy the fat sac for the transom and it is night and day better. Kind of a pain to set up, but now my kids don't want to surf without it.