• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

215 dual battery

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Scarab people,
I’m looking to install a second battery in my 215 Impulse. I’ve read the threads on single engine installs, but can’t find anything for twin engines. I have the wiring part figured out, but not placement. I’m prepared to fabricate whatever I need to for the install. I’d prefer to keep it in the engine bay if possible.
any ideas or experience?
Thanks!

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi Winerocks! Can you post a couple of pictures of your engine bay? In my 195 I used the open area on the starboard side (opposite the main battery) screwed in a tray and mounted there- routing the cables around the back to the dual battery switch. I plan to do the same with my 255, but am just in search of a smaller deep cycle battery.

Let us see some pics and Im sure ideas will come flying!

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’ll post some pics either tomorrow or Friday. I’ve heard of people putting a second battery in the starboard side storage locker under the bench seat. I’d rather not eat up storage space if I can help it. It is by far the easiest solution...

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Winerocks! Can you post a couple of pictures of your engine bay? In my 195 I used the open area on the starboard side (opposite the main battery) screwed in a tray and mounted there- routing the cables around the back to the dual battery switch. I plan to do the same with my 255, but am just in search of a smaller deep cycle battery.

Let us see some pics and Im sure ideas will come flying!
I got on the boat today and took some pics of the engine bay. The last pic is the storage compartment on the starboard side.
A750E3DC-A49E-41A7-BFC5-3853694BF90A.jpeg0F6D9ADA-DE31-4512-B235-D0DE9DDBE141.jpeg87DA6EAA-938A-4EEC-A764-7331FFDBDA2B.jpegC670544D-FDE3-4248-9C14-108B698D0600.jpeg4C953002-ECEA-4A6C-B1C5-4EF389712C7E.jpeg5C7A44BE-5FFE-4034-9293-C49DD7F6EE9C.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don't have your boat but could you turn your existing battery 90° and place another along side it?

1590152820154.png

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't have your boat but could you turn your existing battery 90° and place another along side it?

View attachment 119822
I considered that, but the battery switch and fuse box are there. I may be able to put one behind or “aft” as boat folks say, but would have to build and glass in a platform. Possibly a smaller battery. I’ll come up with a solution, I just need to pop open the back and pop a few beers.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you going to install an onboard charger and if so, don’t you want the 2 batteries in the same area?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Are you going to install an onboard charger and if so, don’t you want the 2 batteries in the same area?
This is a good point. My batteries are on opposite sides. With my charger I had to modify the cable to add length to reach. Not a big deal and the charger works fine.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’ve got a dual charger, but the cables are pretty long. I’d prefer if the batteries are close together though.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Its hard to tell, but on the starboard side between the fuse cluster and 4" blower tubes, can you move anything around and get a 10" x 7" in there? or the space further aft behind the first battery?

Last edited:

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Jetboy, Starboard side makes the most sense for weight distribution as well. Ductwork is not my specialty, but how hard can it be?