• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

22 195S radio questions

Shatty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi. Im taking delivery of the boat around 2 weeks from now. Looking at the Fusion remote on the back (stern?) LOL, it looks like a headunit, not a remote. MS-RA70NSX I believe is an actual headunit. At that matches the pics I've seen of the stern. Anyone have any input? The 7" screen has the amp connections or whats going on here? What about SiriusXM? Does it come with it or an option? Also what about 8" speakers in the stock speaker locations?

I am about to order a few things from Amazon.

Blue Seas Add a battery
Kicker 45KM84L (2 pairs)
Kicker Dual Wake Tower 6.5" Units (pair)
WS HTX6 Amp
and we cant forget a new Stoltz roller for the trailer!

I dunno what kind of battery will end up in the boat. I wont order an extra till I see it. If its shitty, I will replace with 2 Optimas or maintenance free or comparable brand names.

Last edited:

Shatty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi. Im taking delivery of the boat around 2 weeks from now. Looking at the Fusion remote on the back (stern?) LOL, it looks like a headunit, not a remote. MS-RA70NSX I believe is an actual headunit. At that matches the pics I've seen of the stern. Anyone have any input? The 7" screen has the amp connections or whats going on here? What about SiriusXM? Does it come with it or an option? Also what about 8" speakers in the stock speaker locations?

Blue Seas Add a battery
Kicker 45KM84L (2 pairs)
Kicker Dual Wake Tower 6.5" Units (pair)
WS HTX6 Amp
and we cant forget a new Stoltz roller for the trailer!

I dunno what kind of battery will end up in the boat. I wont order an extra till I see it. If its shitty, I will replace with 2 Optimas or maintenance free or comparable brand names.
Your boat will thank you for the new roller! It’s so easy to swap out and no more scratching up the boat and I think it launches better as well. Enjoy your new boat! I would add a solar charger for the battery. I can send links if you want. We bought ours at Academy Sports for under 50 bucks, we hook it up anytime we anchor and it gives you a great little charging bump, especially if you are going to run the radio and all those accessories!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congratulations on you boat @Shatty There are several threads you can refer to on here. Yes the swim deck unit is the head unit and the dash is kind of like the remote.

The amps rca connections are at the swim platform head unit. I might recommend 8” + on your towers, but if you don’t use them for water sport audio 6.5 are ok. My lesson learned- invest in enough amp :) and order from crutchfield.com instead of Amazon - they will likely give you a discount if you ask.

Below is my thread on similar installs. @Hoyt was my inspiration among others.

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I purchased all my speakers and amps from Creative Audio. as @Farny said Crutchfield is another good source.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi. Im taking delivery of the boat around 2 weeks from now. Looking at the Fusion remote on the back (stern?) LOL, it looks like a headunit,
Yes the Fusion is a waterproof head unit and the speakers are wired back there. The Connext uses a NMEA2k connection to control the radio. You will likely want to run RCA wires from the Fusion to the amp beside the battery, and then rewire as needed. You can tap into the stock wiring or run all new wires.
Check prices from other sources as others mentioned.
Blue Seas Add a battery
When you do this, the second battery will be used to power your speaker system (house) so no need to worry about the stock battery nor replace it. It'll likely be a typical marine starting battery which is fine because it will only be used to start your engine, so no need to waste money on a fancy deep cycle for a starter. Your second battery should be a deep cycle to run the speaker system.

Don't forget to add an onboard battery charger to keep the batteries topped up when not in use. Many like the Noco dual-bank chargers to charge up both independently.

Shatty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I already have a battery tender charger five amp from my motorcycle. I’m going to be using that. Also I ordered all kicker 8 inch speakers for inside the boat and I also ordered the 8 inch kicker speakers for the tower. I also got the HTX6 amplifier to power everything. I don’t think a sub is necessary yet but if it is then I will buy a mono amp for it if I get a sub. I have a question about tax if anybody could help me out. I’m from New York and I’m going to be registering the boat here. I’m assuming it’s like a car that if you buy it out of state you pay New York sales tax when you register it and no sales tax when you purchase it or if they are registering it for you you pay the sales tax for New York to them. But North Carolina is telling me that I will be paying North Carolina sales tax and then when I go to register the boat myself I will pay the difference in the sales tax. New York is 8.875%. Is that true what I am saying?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
MS-RA70NSX I believe is an actual headunit. At that matches the pics I've seen of the stern. Anyone have any input? The 7" screen has the amp connections or whats going on here? What about SiriusXM? Does it come with it or an option?
Confirm that it is the NSX, as all of the RA70 units look alike. There is a model on the faceplate. N is for networking, X is for Sirius XM. If it is an NSX, then you can just buy the XM radio module off of Amazon. Or from SXM themselves.

If you go Xm, which works great on the Fusion units, buy from the cheapest place. As the adapter is universal and comes with the magnetic puck antenna. Some places will give you credit towards your subscription. And if you are like many of us, you can get a 6mo subscription for like $30. Cancel at the end of the season and fire it up again in the spring for another $30.

Good luck!