• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited S Fuel Pump Part #s

MB242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Everyone, having a hard time figuring out what exact part numbers work with my specific model and year. Several sites indicate different things.

Model: 2014 Yamaha 242 Limited S (SXT1800HN)
OEM Part #: 6AP-13907-04-00
Superseded Part: 6AP-13907-00-00

Question I have is will this part # work 6AP-13907-01-00 Its much cheaper and several sites indicates that fits my model & year?

Also doing a part number lookup on Yamaha Sports Plaza indicates the "01" Part number was superseded by the "04"
1622905951807.png
Thoughts on going with the cheaper part # that has the "01" in it? Any issues you think with fitment?

Appreciate in advance for the input and knowledge. Thanks everyone!

MB242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bump

Anyone know if the "01" part # would work as the sites indicate? Anyone else go with an aftermarket unit if so which one? Any additional modifications to make it work etc?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not very familiar with this specific Q as I never replaced a fuel pump on a Yamaha boat but I think this Q might be best answered by the parts deprartment at Yamaha dealer. You can ask all kind of questions. When I encounter a situation similar to this one, and I have, I usually call 2 to 3 dealers to make sure I learn as much as I can and look for comsistency in responses or information.

MB242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not very familiar with this specific Q as I never replaced a fuel pump on a Yamaha boat but I think this Q might be best answered by the parts deprartment at Yamaha dealer. You can ask all kind of questions. When I encounter a situation similar to this one, and I have, I usually call 2 to 3 dealers to make sure I learn as much as I can and look for comsistency in responses or information.
Thanks, However in my experience Boat dealers are not the same as Car Dealers. Everything is secretive and "they" want you to bring in the boat or sell you the part they want. I have yet to find a Boat dealer (Parts Department) that is willing to do some research or answer honest questions/help in the capacity as I am accustomed to in the automotive industry. Also, figured since the boat is 7 years old someone on here must have replaced a fuel pump by now. (I see a bunch of "How to" threads but none listing part #s..... 😞

I think I will order it and take my chances. Site (Partszilla) indicates it will work so if it doesn't I can always return it and report back.

ellj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MB242 did you figure this out?