• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

242 Limited S Surf build

@rocknracing Thanks! This will save me from the urge (and lots of money) of buying a Mastercraft.

Here is the link.
http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=54776

If you have any questions please let me know and I will be glad to help you. Feel free to PM and I will give you my phone number if you would like to talk as well. I know sometimes its easier than typing on the computer.

Once I saw the wave we where able to get last year it made up my mind on keeping our boat as we where thinking of trading it in for a dedicated wakeboard/surfboard boat! This is a lot cheaper plus I am hoping to pay of the boat in the next year or so!! Wouldn't be able to do that with a new one!!

Very impressive indeed. Are you able to fit both bags in that port compartment along with your batteries, or did you relocate them?

Like others, I am excited to see what you have done to automate the Wake Wedge.

The 400lbs bag is back next to the motor. I kept the batteries in the port side storage (wanted the weight on that side if I could manage it) I just moved them up against the wall where the table mount is and built a box around them with a vent to keep the bag off of them. I have carpet to cover the box so when you look in you wont see them. This will protect the bags from rubbing on the edges of the wood. The bag then will just conform around the box and fill up the compartment. If I cant get it too fill up all of the way then I will measure to have a custom bag made to fit the rest of the area I have which will probably give me more weight than the 750lbs bag I plan on using now. I already have the bag so want to try it out fist before spending more money on a custom bag. Once it warms up I will fill it up at and see how it looks

On the 2010-2014 24' series, I think the storage compartment on the each side of the motors has rear wall which is 2'-3' in front of the rear of the boat. If you open and remove the swim deck hatch by the clean out plugs. Then look to port and starboard in the below hull compartment. It looks like you could put a bag and build a wall next to the waterbox's. This would allow bags at the most rearward and outward spots on the boat.

I saw the space last year and was wondering how difficult it would be to use. Just hollow space, under the hull, under the swim deck.

Here is the link.
http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=54776

If you have any questions please let me know and I will be glad to help you. Feel free to PM and I will give you my phone number if you would like to talk as well. I know sometimes its easier than typing on the computer.

Once I saw the wave we where able to get last year it made up my mind on keeping our boat as we where thinking of trading it in for a dedicated wakeboard/surfboard boat! This is a lot cheaper plus I am hoping to pay of the boat in the next year or so!! Wouldn't be able to do that with a new one!!
Thanks for the info! My wife really likes the rear layout of our boat. It would be nice to keep everyone happy.

Thanks for the info! My wife really likes the rear layout of our boat. It would be nice to keep everyone happy.

You are welcome! My wife loves the rear layout too and that is why I am doing all of this cause she really didn't want to sell to get a wakeboard/surf boat

On the 2010-2014 24' series, I think the storage compartment on the each side of the motors has rear wall which is 2'-3' in front of the rear of the boat. If you open and remove the swim deck hatch by the clean out plugs. Then look to port and starboard in the below hull compartment. It looks like you could put a bag and build a wall next to the waterbox's. This would allow bags at the most rearward and outward spots on the boat.

I saw the space last year and was wondering how difficult it would be to use. Just hollow space, under the hull, under the swim deck.

Thanks for the info! I will have to take a look when I can get the cover off next to see what it looks like. that would be a great place to put the bag I was going to put on the swim deck if I can get to it to and not worry about anything happing to the bag.

Following.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Got the 4 - electric Ball valves in the mail today! They are 1" with a manual switch I can turn to open valve with indicator to see where the valve is at. Decided to go with this option in case I loose power to valve I can still open and pump out the water as long as I have power to pumps!! That option was under $5.00 more so I figured it was worth the insurance in case anything happens. Now I just need the weather to warm up a bit to get into the boat and get them installed.

What does the surf wedge button do? :-)

Very cool on the rest of this stuff, by the way!

It will allow me to raise and lower the wedge to fine tune the wave and then raise it up all the way so when we are not surfing its up and out of the way. Then I don't have to put it on when I'm on the water and have to store it on the boat when not in use. We keep our boat on a lift most of the time so it will be nice not having to worry about taking it on and off. I will have a disconnect on the wires so I can take it off when I do put boat on the trailer.

It will allow me to raise and lower the wedge to fine tune the wave and then raise it up all the way so when we are not surfing its up and out of the way. Then I don't have to put it on when I'm on the water and have to store it on the boat when not in use. We keep our boat on a lift most of the time so it will be nice not having to worry about taking it on and off. I will have a disconnect on the wires so I can take it off when I do put boat on the trailer.

This is definitely interesting! What kind of motor do you have in mind for this?

Well I finally got my thru hull waterproof wire connector to wire up the wake wedge and it looks like the weather is going to start warming up next week so I can start re-plumbing the ballast with the ball valves and getting them all wired up. Then I can start working on the wake wedge. I was able to get the new Fusion IP700i Radio and wet sound WS-420 installed last week when we had a descent warm day. I will update once I start working again and upload pictures as I go.

Going to have to keep an eye on this thread.

I took a look last week and there is not as much room as you think. It was a good idea but from the looks it would be a very small bag probably under 75lbs

Here is the Fusion radio with the WS-420 mounted below it along with the switch panel too the right. No other pictures yet as I worked on running all of the wires for the ball valves and wedge yesterday and got them hooked up to the switch panel. Will be out of town this weekend so hoping to get ball valves installed next week and everything re-plumbed if we have a nice day or two next week. Then I can start working on the wedge.

image.jpg

great job so far, very interesting,

Holey Smokes - your boat is slammed! That appears to be massively listed over and dropped. Looks like the end of the swim deck is several inches under water. How does the boat handle with that much ballast and list?

Holey Smokes - your boat is slammed! That appears to be massively listed over and dropped. Looks like the end of the swim deck is several inches under water. How does the boat handle with that much ballast and list?

Keep in mind that the 240 series boats swim deck sits really close to the water line already. So the illusion of a seriously listed boat is just that. The swim deck was a little over ankle deep water but the boat seemed to handle fine under way.

The boat handles fine. Just wouldn't want to drive it with all that weight all of the time!! Which is the reason I am adding the ball valves and hiding the bags so I can fill them when we want to surf and then empty when we are done. All of this I can do while driving (under 25 mph for filling bag) the boat so it's all ready when we get to our surf spot. The only one I won't be able to do will be the swim platform while underway unless I can figure out a way to hold it in place while empty and filled.

Back