• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

242 Limited S Surf build

Finally got all of the ball valves installed and wired up! Just need to hook new switch panel and pumps up to the new blue sea fuse panel under dash and test! Still need to get wedge wired up but waiting on new actuator to show up. Don't want to wire it until I can bench test to make sure everything works first. Don't want to cut hole in boat till I know it works!! Hoping to test everything May 1st.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

How did you mount the valves to the wall? Did they come with a bracket or did you make your own?

image.jpg image.jpg I found some claps at Home Depot that worked great.

Finally got the wedge all wired up and it is working great on land!! Wanting for a new bracket then get to test on the water! Put the boat in the water yesterday but didn't have time to test the ball valves because my 11 month old was super fussy in his life jacket so we didn't stay out long. Hoping to go out in a week or so once I get the new bracket for the wedge.

Here is a picture of the fitting I put on the back of the boat to power wedge. It has a cap that keeps it waterproof when not connected.

More info on the wedge actuator would be awesome! If you can post some more pics attached to the wedge and how its wired up would be cool. I'm sure there are others that would want to do the same... ;)

Well I was finally able to get to the lake to test the wedge and it works great. Of course I left the GoPro sitting on my desk at home so no video but you can definitely tell when you are lowering the wedge you can see the wake cleaning up. Will have pictures and video soon along with all of the details of what was used. Hoping to get to the lake later this week.

Sweet !!!! Can't wait to se vid !!!!

Would it be possible to take video of the operation of the automated Wedge?

@bucks448 I'm assuming you want to see it from the side or back while out of the water? If so I will try and get some while it's on the lift if I can mount the camera where you can see it in operation. If I can't I will see if I can find somebody to hold camera while I hit the switch on the dash! I will also have video of it in the water while underway.

Great. I have dreams of doing what you have done.
By the way, thanks for the info on the ballast valves. They worked out great.

@buckbuck Glad to hear they worked out great!! As long as the rain holds out tomorrow I should be able to get some video of it in action and while on the slip! I already have the GoPro and and extra 750 bag in my car since I will be by myself!

Well unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate today and it rained most of the day so I didn't get up to the lake. Going out Saturday with the family as long as the weather is nice. As of right now they are calling for more rain!:( Hope they are wrong

I am in the process of adding automated ballast as well, on the same boat, although not nearly as nice as your settup.

I moved all of my electrical to the starboard side, and ordered a custom bag from wakemakers for the port side. This bag will fill that compartment completely and comes in at 1,300lbs. Previously i put 2 400lb bags on that seat along with a 400lb on the swim deck. This new bag should eliminate all 3 exposed bags. This would simplify things for you as well.

What where the measurements for the custom bag you had made? Thinking I might go this route. I plumed my extra 400 bag in the port locker and the vent is hitting the bottom of the seat so I can't fill it up all of the way. Put a 90 fitting on there and still hits.

What where the measurements for the custom bag you had made? Thinking I might go this route. I plumed my extra 400 bag in the port locker and the vent is hitting the bottom of the seat so I can't fill it up all of the way. Put a 90 fitting on there and still hits.
File attached. Wakemakers should have it on file as well. I dealt with Brian and received GREAT customer service.

Attachments

Thank you very much. I will have to change it up a bit as I still have my batteries in the there but I have moved them up against the wall where the table mount is. So instead of being 29" wide for after it comes out of the back next to the engines I will have to have it 16 1/4 for another 24" or so. Will have to check and see exactly before I give Brian a call. If you don't mind me asking what was the cost of it? Did you use both vents or just using one?

I changed my vent locations a bit from what is shown. I have a single vent at the highest point. I also have a port on top of the bag that is accessible when I pull the seat cushion off. At this location, I have a fitting installed that matches the Tsunami pump I have. That way I can still empty the bag in the event that my hard mounted pump (ballast puppy) fails.

The cost of the bag was $540.

Back