• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x ballast bags, need to fill more!!!!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My boat time is limited and days that are calm are even more limited . I don’t want to waste time at the dealer and deal with the mess that they leave in the boat when I’m out any issues with the timer are eliminated using the cable . The boat gets trailered on some long trips 6 hrs if the ballast doesn’t empty I wouldnt want to deal with towing the extra weight . winterization using anti freeze seems to leave the impellers lubricated compared to corrosive salt water .

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll throw in an update here. My boat is back in the shop. It’s 4th trip for the same problem.
It acts like the memory is dumping the calibration after each usage.
The dealer is now ordering a new Ballast Pump Controller.
Oh no! Does it lose the clock, radio presets, and your drive control profiles too?

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh no! Does it lose the clock, radio presets, and your drive control profiles too?
No, it does not lose the radio presets.

My symptoms are, when I open the Drive System menu, to get to the Ballast Control menu, I confirm that all 3 tanks indicate empty, and then select “Fill All”;

All three tanks graph bars will show pump activity (confirmed by physically checking pumps running) and almost immediately, they change to indicate 100%, and the pumps stop.

The current work around is to fill them from the System Control calibration menu every time.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the pump controller works on a timer and also monitors the current flow this is similar to how the bilge pump works the pump senses no resistance it shuts off . Or in your case it’s sensing to much current and the controller thinks the bag is full . I would look for a kink in the line or fill the bags independently they have a design flaw in the size of the inlet to fill the bags this is the main problem . The flow through the large ball valve is to restrictive to feed 3 pumps at once the pumps are pulling to hard creating more current the controller senses this and thinks the bags are full and they shut off. The touch screen is annoying anyone that uses it knows what I’m talking about it’s easier to open the hatch plug the cable into what pump is acting up fill or empty it and you can do it with the motors off . It would have been great if these boats just had a toggle switch for each pump and over flow outlets to let you know the bag is full . It’s over engineered and creates an issue they tried to dumb it down but did the opposite and made it very complicated.

Christopher Wenaas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i have this problem How did you solve it??
Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bad pump which the dealer replaced under warranty.

tenl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bad pump which the dealer replaced under warranty.
My 242 is also the same problem. Every time I disconnect the battery to fill it up, sometimes it stops at 30%。 I can't make sure it's the pump ecu problem or the three pump
:(:(:(:(:(

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Get the pump jumper cable so you can override it nice and simple solution to the problem .