• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242X E Best Surf tips and mods....

Hailer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
just bought an ‘18 242X and would like to know what are best reasonable mods to add in order to achieve better wake. A few of us tried and none were able to drop the rope using full factory ballast. We are all beginners but have all wake surfed a decent amount behind larger boats. I don’t want to spend a fortune but if there are some mods that can make a significant difference than I would be interested. Any tips or info is greatly appreciated as I was a little disappointed in the wake considering all the high reviews of the boat. Other issue is I’m having trouble with cruise control holding a steady speed. Kids like to wakeboard around 17-19 and would set at 18 and would fluctuate from 15-22. I found it very difficult to maintain speed and didn’t know if this was typical.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Search for wakewedge and in addition get an 800# sack for the swim platform. Center skilocker bag about 50%. Speed will be 9.8 to 10.5 depending on conditions and # of people onboard. Move people to surf side of boat to help list it and find a large cove where you can do large circles vs straight line surfing. If surfing on the port side circle left an so on. You can always get more auxiliary bags and spend more but the above will be pretty good. If wakewedge is not in the budget 800# sack will make a big enough improvement to go ropeless.
Good luck and happy surfing.

Hailer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Search for wakewedge and in addition get an 800# sack for the swim platform. Center skilocker bag about 50%. Speed will be 9.8 to 10.5 depending on conditions and # of people onboard. Move people to surf side of boat to help list it and find a large cove where you can do large circles vs straight line surfing. If surfing on the port side circle left an so on. You can always get more auxiliary bags and spend more but the above will be pretty good. If wakewedge is not in the budget 800# sack will make a big enough improvement to go ropeless.
Good luck and happy surfing.
Thank you very much for the tips...any recommended vendors to get the items? Secondly m, typical load is 6-8 people averaging 150lbs, is it better to have all people towards stern of boat if possible

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you very much for the tips...any recommended vendors to get the items? Secondly m, typical load is 6-8 people averaging 150lbs, is it better to have all people towards stern of boat if possible
Get in touch with @jcyamaharider, he can hook you up with 1. the wedge and 2. the swim platform bag.
Both of those help, and should do the trick- on top of your factory set up.
I use a Wake Makers custom built-in ballast system in my AR 240 with 3x800lbs bags, plus the above (wedge and swim plaform bag - from @jcyamaharider )
It takes time to "dial-in" for wake surfing these yammies, but it is possible.
upload_2018-6-11_20-0-41.png

Many of us use RideSteady cruise control which is amazing, but you should need it with your E-series. Maybe there is away to tighten that speed control on the Connext? IDK.

--