• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x updates???

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
just fyi, service tech where we purchased our boat, (seemed knowledgeable) said only difference between 2019 and 2020 242X was the retainer for the rear boarding ladder (under platform). They switched from the single rubber bungee type to a dual retainer of some sort since they were having issues with the single bungee snapping. We purchased their last remaining new 2019 (not demo), saved 10k+ and we preferred the paint scheme over the 2020 more white color scheme. Of course that is personal preference. Also got the 2019 WakeBooster that includes the slingshot at 999.00 in stock at local dealer. Sounds like you'd need to find one in stock if you still want the package with the board, but maybe still can order either way, my dealer was not sure how new ones will be packaged.
Congrats on the purchase of the 2019 242x. I got the exact same boat a few months back and absolutely love everything about it. You’ll be extremely happy with that decision 👍

mattimus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I thought they modified the keel design on the 2019? and isn't the bimini/solar different? Does the '18 have navionics?

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is great to know. I was going to wait for the boat show to buy a 20 but after looking at some of the prices of the 19, i may jump on that. What should one pay for a delivery fee from the dealer? Should it be the same regardless of dealer?
We had no "delivery fee" for ours. Maybe the dealer? Maybe because a "leftover"? Not sure. 69,900.00 was our "leftover" price. Local dealer had two for 71,900 but sold both before we got over there. So we found one in NYC and 2k less, so we were willing to deal with extra distance to pick up. And appreciated they were willing to take us out for test drive of a 2018 since we hadn't been in a jet boat prior. We were frustrated that no local dealers would arrange a test drive prior to committing to financing. Like someone would buy a 70k car without test driving first?!? But I guess that's typical with boats. We did opt for a few extra years of extended warranty though, so that added 2k. Guessing at the shows, you may be able to negotiate a cover, wake booster, extra warranty so might be able to get price within 5-8k of 2020? Not sure, but it really came down to our preference of the color of 2019 over 2020. Our current boat was almost all white, ready for a change. Saving 8-10k just made it easier. :) Any questions we may be able to help out with, don't hesitate to ask. Jetboat newbie though so others on here have far more knowledge and experience! Great source of information!

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I thought they modified the keel design on the 2019? and isn't the bimini/solar different? Does the '18 have navionics?
We got a 2019 so I'm not sure of the differences between the 2019 and 2018. I believe the biggest difference between those two years was the rear gate & keel is redesigned for slow maneuvering and better reverse capabilities.... but I am far from an expert and may not be correct. Not sure about differences in the solar panel. I can say the panel seems to work quite well on the 2019. We spent a couple full days out on water with radio on and multiple electronics being charged off the USB's and battery voltage didn't drop hardly at all.

The difference in rear boarding ladder retention is between the 2019 and 2020. That and color scheme on blue model is only differences that I am aware of.