• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

243VRX won’t start

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey all, hope someone can help me. Had my boat at the lake all summer and ran great. Drove it back to Florida and sat for 5 weeks. Tried to take it out last weekend and flat out won’t start or even turn over, tried with each battery. Batteries appear charged and when I pull the kill switch that seems to be working as expected, assured also in neutral. 4/6 weeks to see a mechanic, anyone have any suggestions on what I can try?

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks so much, I will give this a try!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did you ever get her started? What was the problem? Please let us know as this could help others.
Yes and no. I basically opened the hatch by the battery and made sure all the fuses were pressed in, checked all the wiring and it fired up. Went to take it out last weekend and again it would not start. Repeated the same check and then it started. Not sure what I’m touching that’s making it start so still need to troubleshoot.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes and no. I basically opened the hatch by the battery and made sure all the fuses were pressed in, checked all the wiring and it fired up. Went to take it out last weekend and again it would not start. Repeated the same check and then it started. Not sure what I’m touching that’s making it start so still need to troubleshoot.
That's sounds very frustrating. Next time just push on one fuse and try starting; repeat till you find it. Could just be a bad/loose fuse.

Side note: Where do you typically boat? I've only seen one other Chap/Vortex out there.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's sounds very frustrating. Next time just push on one fuse and try starting; repeat till you find it. Could just be a bad/loose fuse.

Side note: Where do you typically boat? I've only seen one other Chap/Vortex out there.
I’m in Tampa bay. Usually go out to Anclote but this summer I brought the boat to North Carolina as I have a cabin up there and the boat had lots of freshwater run time.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’m in Tampa bay. Usually go out to Anclote but this summer I brought the boat to North Carolina as I have a cabin up there and the boat had lots of freshwater run time.
Do you drive it around or trailer it over there? I assume trailer but it does make for a nice ride on a not so breezy day. 3-Rooker Bar down to John's Pass was my old stomping ground. Now it's Gandy Bridge to John's Pass.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you drive it around or trailer it over there? I assume trailer but it does make for a nice ride on a not so breezy day. 3-Rooker Bar down to John's Pass was my old stomping ground. Now it's Gandy Bridge to John's Pass.
I used to keep it at a high and dry on the Anclote river but now on a trailer as building a house in tarpon springs where I’ll be able to store it. Now I need to splurge and get the saltwater trailer.