• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 model cooler fitment

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I buy my yeti gear on OfferUp or Craigslist. A lot of people win yeti gear that don’t want it. You can get it a lot cheaper that way.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I buy my yeti gear on OfferUp or Craigslist. A lot of people win yeti gear that don’t want it. You can get it a lot cheaper that way.
welp just found a used one or like brand new with a rack

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Found out that grizzly 40 also works. Nearly identical dimensions but more qts

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Found out that grizzly 40 also works. Nearly identical dimensions but more qts
those style latches are horrible for me. Had two Walmart brands and it took everything I had to get them to lock.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
those style latches are horrible for me. Had two Walmart brands and it took everything I had to get them to lock.
No experience with them since I’m new to the cooler game. Only have freebie tumblers from yeti. Which they work “okay”. But I do like that they a have an embossed ruler. But thinking either the engel45 or yeti 45 or grizzly 40 are my options for now. Like the low profile of the Engel 45, once I find the solution for the captains chair to turn more than 45 degrees

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Engel 45 fits under perfectly but also sticks out in the walkway a few inches. Any suggestions on helping it slide out would be helpful.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Engel 45 fits under perfectly but also sticks out in the walkway a few inches. Any suggestions on helping it slide out would be helpful.
Maybe removing the rubber feet? Or coating the feet in some epoxy for a smooth surface for it to glide better

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks to @Babin Farms, I ended up with one of these. Works great. Lasted all day in and out of the sun. Recommend keep behind the captain chairs.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Thanks to @Babin Farms, I ended up with one of these. Works great. Lasted all day in and out of the sun. Recommend keep behind the captain chairs.

im guessing you like to take it in and out of your boat since its super light?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hi guys,
Do not have my boat yet (ordered in October 21), but I need a cooler right now and potentially plan use it on the boat. So 2 stones in one shot.
Here are my options:
- Yeti 45 Link 25 1/2 l x 16w x 15 1/2 h 37qt
- RTIC 52 Link 27l x 18w x 18h 52qt
- RTIC 45 Link 26 1/2 x 16 1/2w x 15 7/8 h 45
- Engel 45 Link 27l x 18w x 14h 48qt

Obvious choice would be Yeti - reputable company, holds cold forever. but the smallest one inside.
RTIC is an awesome product too. I have some soft coolers from them and they hold it forever as well.
Engle 45 never heard off but looks like it is a solid choice too.
Obviously, I plan to put it behind seat.
I am a bit confused since on one picture shows that it is only 16 inch behind the seat, but at the same time people say Engle 45 that is 18 inch wide fits fine and even comes with Yamaha logo :)

I think RTIC 52 will not fit period - too tall
Looking at RTIC 45 and Engle 45 since they fit more than Yeti and comparable in holding cold.
I am just concern if they will fit or not. Not concerned that they stick out. Just concern if they fit behind the seat.

Your advice much appreciated.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
i would checkout grizzly 40 as well. i still havent pulled the trigger on my cooler yet either. cheapest option so far is finding a yeti on offerup 240 and grizzly 40 on ebay, engel 45 is 5 bucks more. for me im looking for the cheapest for rotomolded cooler

Last edited:

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Engel 45 fits perfectly being my seat with an inch to spare.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I do like that about Engel 45. It also has some nice accessories with a built in bottle opener

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i would checkout grizzly 40 as well. i still havent pulled the trigger on my cooler yet either. cheapest option so far is finding a yeti on offerup 240 and grizzly 40 on ebay, engel 45 is 5 bucks more. for me im looking for the cheapest for rotomolded cooler
Same here. I like quality stuff but I think Engel 45 would do it for me. It is around $250
RTIC 45 is on sale for $200
YETI 45 is $325
Grizzly is $300

Found some YETI for $165 on OfferUP turned out pure scam asking for VENMO. Nothing around me to drive and pick it up.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I love my RTIC 52, got that thing on pre-sale stupid cheap. But no where close to fitting lol.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
but it’s made in China
Most things (especially commodities like coolers) are. Even if it claims to ‘made’ outside of China the raw materials/components were likely sourced from China. Virtually impossible to avoid China with these types of products.