• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 model cooler fitment

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Like everything else we buy.
Some YETI stuff is manufactured in Philippines and China.
thats why I’m hesitant to buy yeti. Just made my purchase on a grizzly 40 today from an off-road racing store

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
thats why I’m hesitant to buy yeti. Just made my purchase on a grizzly 40 today from an off-road racing store

Nice looking cooler. If the brand label was swapped with yeti or rtic I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. The measurements are virtually identical to yeti’s 45. Not sure why grizzled claims 40 vs 45 for yeti. Regardless, I hope you post an update once you have a chance to use the cooler. I’d be inclined to support them over big marketing machines like yeti.

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You can get the optional sliding feets for the yeti and fits better
I have the Engel 45 and gorilla glued four 2 inch furniture sliders on the bottom, cost me $5, slides right out. 👍

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
0F6CA995-023D-4AAA-9BDD-0C4AEB9F2353.jpeg
This fella right here will fit in side the dimensions and not sit on top of the mat Ill get a picture to the thread soon.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nice looking cooler. If the brand label was swapped with yeti or rtic I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. The measurements are virtually identical to yeti’s 45. Not sure why grizzled claims 40 vs 45 for yeti. Regardless, I hope you post an update once you have a chance to use the cooler. I’d be inclined to support them over big marketing machines like yeti.
Because the Yeti 45 is a big fat marketing lie...it's only 37 quarts. Same is true for all Yeti coolers, their actual internal volumes are all smaller than the number in their name. The Grizzly 40 (which actually has a 40 quart capacity) is bigger than a Yeti 45, probably due to it's taller internal height. Similarly, an Engel 45 is actually 48 quarts(!) and will also fit in that cooler spot. FWIW, the Engel 45 has the largest internal volume of any rotomolded cooler that will fit in that spot that I'm aware of (I looked at this extensively about a year ago, but haven't looked again more recently).

Last edited:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Because the Yeti 45 is a big fat marketing lie...it's only 37 quarts. Same is true for all Yeti coolers, their actual internal volumes are all smaller than the number in their name. The Grizzly 40 (which actually has a 40 quart capacity) is bigger than a Yeti 45, probably due to it's taller internal height. Similarly, an Engel 45 is actually 48 quarts(!) and will also fit in that cooler spot. FWIW, the Engel 45 has the largest internal volume of any rotomolded cooler that will fit in that spot that I'm aware of (I looked at this extensively about a year ago, but haven't looked again more recently).
You cooould say the same about Yamaha. 25 foot series is only 24 6" 😆

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
i would upload pics of the Grizzly 40 but it fits exactly the same as the yeti 45, since it would be the same as just looking at a yeti 45 fitment. i did remove the rubber feet as well. so that i could move it in and out better. its just as a tight fit as the yeti 45 but hug difference in storage capacity IMO and great drain port on the grizzly 40 vs the small drain port on the yeti.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What size / model is that EchoSmile?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What size EchoSmile is this?
For what it’s worth, the EchoSmile was at my dealership in Gulf Shores Alabama so I tested it for fit in my 22 252SD. It was a bit tall and stuck out a bit- unlike that photo mentioned in this thread. I ended up buying the Igloo Marine Ultra, 54 QT, it has handles and a drain and works very well for days. igloo marine ultra 54 quart cooler
The cooler that comes with the boat is embarrassing…with Yamaha coolers sitting in the store it’s easy to think it’s what you get.

Attachments

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For what it’s worth, the EchoSmile was at my dealership in Gulf Shores Alabama so I tested it for fit in my 22 252SD. It was a bit tall and stuck out a bit- unlike that photo mentioned in this thread. I ended up buying the Igloo Marine Ultra, 54 QT, it has handles and a drain and works very well for days. igloo marine ultra 54 quart cooler
The cooler that comes with the boat is embarrassing…with Yamaha coolers sitting in the store it’s easy to think it’s what you get.
Thanks so much - really helpful. Is there any way you can send a picture of it in the cooler location on your 252SD? I’m getting a ‘23 252SD and totally agree that the cooler is terrible. I’m starting to look at better coolers (thanks for your suggestion) but hesitant to pull the trigger because I don’t have the boat yet and I really want to see the fit.

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks so much - really helpful. Is there any way you can send a picture of it in the cooler location on your 252SD? I’m getting a ‘23 252SD and totally agree that the cooler is terrible. I’m starting to look at better coolers (thanks for your suggestion) but hesitant to pull the trigger because I don’t have the boat yet and I really want to see the fit.
Of course, I thought I had a few on my iPad but do not. I will take a few this weekend when I pull her out and preflight!