• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252 sound system

Lazzfig

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have a 2023 252SD, i can hear rattling noises when bass hits hard, with volume at 50%. How can i dampen the rattling noise from Bass?

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I would say it’s great for what it is. If you want to make sounds for the whole sand bar you are going to want to upgrade. When I wake surf I can hardly hear the music so maybe add some tower speakers. I will say and I have heard it from other members that as the driver I can’t hear the music at speed and in-fact my passengers will ask me to turn down the music when I have it just loud enough to hear it.

i think there a few threads on here that have added speakers for the driver and still have a hard time hearing.

with all that said I don’t want to spend the money for more speakers or amp’s and all the work that goes into it. The stock system is good enough.

oh and I have a 2021 252SD

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I should add I blew a swim platform speaker so I went into the zone control and turned the main zone down to 90% the bass down to maybe 80-85% and the swim platform to 75% ish. That way when my over zealous passengers turn the volume all the way up it’s not really 100%. Before I learned that that’s how they blew the rear platform speaker.

UptownHospitality

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I have a 2022 252xe as well. The amps from the factory are definitely de-tuned. I’m assuming to keep the warranty returns to a minimum lol. The bass is mediocre. I’m going to be installing one more sub(behind drivers seat) and running both off a controllable amp(JL 400/4 bridged @ 200/2)
I would like some more info on how you plan on going about this - I have the same boat.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The soundbar blends great into factory system. The stock sub is powerful enough for 90% of customers.
Can you link in the sound bar to the existing speakers in the 252? I have a 2023 252s and noticing the speakers sound great in the boat. Even the bass is decent. But when you get out of the boat on a water toy or floating or beach it is not very loud. Thinking about the sound bar or trying to figure out how to add the wet sounds tower speakers.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can you link in the sound bar to the existing speakers in the 252? I have a 2023 252s and noticing the speakers sound great in the boat. Even the bass is decent. But when you get out of the boat on a water toy or floating or beach it is not very loud. Thinking about the sound bar or trying to figure out how to add the wet sounds tower speakers.
Wetsounds Stealth 10

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Will look into the amplified one. Does it link up easily to the rest of the speakers or did you have it installed?
I installed it my self.. not too bad if you have experience.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I installed it my self.. not too bad if you have experience.
Definitely have the experience in cars. Did you just use the existing harness they sent and splice it in to the existing? I know on my 252 there are zones now and no head unit except the Connext. Would have to figure out what to tie it into.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You'll need an 8 gauge kit and a LOC, as well as a 3.5 to RCA.