• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SE 15 Hour update

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We have been loving the boat so far. No significant factory defects thus far, a few minor annoyances but nothing big. Boat has been great! Painless oil changes at the 10 hour mark with intuitive maintenance reminder reset.

Three issues I need to deal with:

1. Anchor Locker drain - I am either going to replace it or plug it. Definitely taking on water here from time to time. drain does not extend into the locker at all. Bilge pump is not running excessively in my opinion, but more than it should given the conditions we have been in.

2. Anchor locker latch - Need to shim out the bracket that the latch catches. Boat flexes just right to let it pop open

3. While it has only happened once, I assume it was the cleanout latch kill switch - Came down from a 3 foot swell and both engines shut off. Returned throttles to neutral and they both started right back up. I also had this happen once while idling and stepped down off that level to the swim platform. I haven't yet had time to look into it, but I assume the switch is threaded so I can just move it up a little to ensure steady closed contact?

Other than these little nags, the boat has exceeded our expectations!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have been loving the boat so far. No significant factory defects thus far, a few minor annoyances but nothing big. Boat has been great! Painless oil changes at the 10 hour mark with intuitive maintenance reminder reset.

1. Anchor Locker drain - I am either going to replace it or plug it. Definitely taking on water here from time to time. drain does not extend into the locker at all. Bilge pump is not running excessively in my opinion, but more than it should given the conditions we have been in.

2. Anchor locker latch - Need to shim out the bracket that the latch catches. Boat flexes just right to let it pop open

3. While it has only happened once, I assume it was the cleanout latch kill switch - Came down from a 3 foot swell and both engines shut off. Returned throttles to neutral and they both started right back up. I also had this happen once while idling and stepped down off that level to the swim platform. I haven't yet had time to look into it, but I assume the switch is threaded so I can just move it up a little to ensure steady closed contact?

I repurposed the Anchor Locker to hold my fenders/lines and sealed the holes up with some 5200. Has worked great since.

I'm also having an issue with my Anchor Locker Latch....

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I repurposed the Anchor Locker to hold my fenders/lines and sealed the holes up with some 5200. Has worked great since.

I'm also having an issue with my Anchor Locker Latch....
I like the locker for my anchor, but may just plug the hole myself. Very little water ever gets in there aside from the drain anyhow. Not sure whey they even have an external drain. They should have just drained it to the bilge for any residual and rain water that happens to get in.

Latch seems like an easy enough fix, just need to shim the L bracket catch out another 1/8" or so (couple washers behind it on the screws. Not sure if yours is the same latch

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length

I removed the anchor drain on my 2021 212XE and found that there is no longer a void between the outer and inner hull. It appears Yamaha has fixed the problem. They still use a drain fitting that only extends half way in to the anchor locker. I’m not sure if water can seep through the unfinished fiberglass though. I went ahead and sealed it and put in a new stainless steel drain. It seems like I created a lot of unnecessary work for myself by removing the anchor drain fitting just to see if there was a gap between the inner and outer hull. I figured out that my water in the bilge area was from the clean-out port tray. I sealed around the tray edges, and now I don’t have any water when I remove the drain plug. Try this, and if it is leaking, you may save yourself an entire day of screwing with the anchor drain. Open the rear swim platform hatch, and pour some water in the area that surrounds the hatch tray area while plugging the drain with your finger. If water disappears under the tray instead of going out the drain….you’ve found a major source of water intrusion. Mine was leaking at the top edge closest to the seat back cushions. I poured a 32oz cup of water in, and it very quickly disappeared under the tray.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On my 252SE, I replaced the anchor locker drain with the stainless steel through fitting and sealed it up with some 5200. Took maybe a half-hour tops. If you do go that route, I'll tell you there's not enough room on the inside to screw the nut completely tight. Just get it as tight as you can and then run plenty of 5200 around the outside of the whole thing to lock everything down.

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my new AR250 I had one engine keep shutting off because the clean out drain plug. Noticed that side the hatch was loose. Used an allen wrench to loose the screw that keeps it from and turned latch one turn. Tightened right up and fixed the problem

Toni

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Painless oil changes at the 10 hour mark with intuitive maintenance reminder reset.
Hi blamephere, do you know how we can reset the 10 hours maintenance reminder?

getab0at

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My husband is finding that the 2022 252SE seems to pull a lot on rough chop. Anyone have any suggestions to help with this? Anyone added steering rutters?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Its really not the chop that has anything to do with it rather than the wind. All boats are pushed to a degree with wind but i find yamahas to be more sensitive to it. Even if the wind is very light like 5 knots, this will be enough where you will find yourself steering into it. Its just the way it is. The fins wont correct that. They may help slightly but nothing earth shattering.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hi blamephere, do you know how we can reset the 10 hours maintenance reminder?
I can’t give you the step by step as my boat is in storage but you do it through the menu on the screen. It’s very simple