• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH E-series BCU Errors

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else getting BCU errors on the 255 FSH E-Series? I see a ton of threads about the 242 having issues with the e-shifters but I hadn't seen it with the FSH yet.

I have a 2022 255 FSH, and its in the shop with symptoms related to this issue. The good failure is when the boat goes dead and pushbutton start does nothing, no crank, no start, nothing. The bad failure is when the engine does start, shift error occurs, and drive is stuck in forward limp mode at about 1200 rpm.

Diagnostic report states the following
BCU had codes
184 & 185 @ 0.1hrs
165 @ 7.5hrs
191 @ 1.2hrs
190 @ 7.5hrs

What do these codes mean? Is there a listing somewhere?

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, sloppy rigging. All related to factory routing of the shift cables from the shift actuators. Apparently they were routed along the side of the gas tank instead of on top which was causing them to bind. When the shift actuator pulls too much current, it throws those codes. When those codes are set, you’ll get a no start condition until the boat is power cycled a few times. Shift cables were replaced under warranty.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Glad they got it sorted out. Have you had it out much? How does she handle in the gulf? All the jetboaters are curious about the 255 fish series. They are as rare as hens teeth.

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Handles fine for a boat of this size. I’ve been out ~15mi in the gulf, the ride is more BMW than Cadillac so it’s firm and a lot of fun. The bow shape compromises ride for space. If you look at the front of the boat it’s almost squared off, so when you get into a wave that energy is dissipated quickly rather than a gentle slice of a narrow bow shape. That being said, the ride is freakishly dry. I’ve been out is some heavy chop and struggle to get the windshield wet.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone else getting BCU errors on the 255 FSH E-Series? I see a ton of threads about the 242 having issues with the e-shifters but I hadn't seen it with the FSH yet.

I have a 2022 255 FSH, and its in the shop with symptoms related to this issue. The good failure is when the boat goes dead and pushbutton start does nothing, no crank, no start, nothing. The bad failure is when the engine does start, shift error occurs, and drive is stuck in forward limp mode at about 1200 rpm.

Diagnostic report states the following
BCU had codes
184 & 185 @ 0.1hrs
165 @ 7.5hrs
191 @ 1.2hrs
190 @ 7.5hrs

What do these codes mean? Is there a listing somewhere?
picking mine up in 2 weeks hope I don't have these issues

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am currently #6 on the list at CC springs for mine. Did CC service department jump on it when you called it in?

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Handles fine for a boat of this size. I’ve been out ~15mi in the gulf, the ride is more BMW than Cadillac so it’s firm and a lot of fun. The bow shape compromises ride for space. If you look at the front of the boat it’s almost squared off, so when you get into a wave that energy is dissipated quickly rather than a gentle slice of a narrow bow shape. That being said, the ride is freakishly dry. I’ve been out is some heavy chop and struggle to get the windshield wet.
Yes, she does ride real smooth and dry for its size, just a handful to steer and the noise. installed the cobra fins and soundproof the mufflers and its area , can't wait for the warm weather to take her back out down here in satellite beach, fl and try it,,,, if anyone else is around and would like to hang in a week or so or has any other idea's for sound proofing that really works ?

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes, she does ride real smooth and dry for its size, just a handful to steer and the noise. installed the cobra fins and soundproof the mufflers and its area , can't wait for the warm weather to take her back out down here in satellite beach, fl and try it,,,, if anyone else is around and would like to hang in a week or so or has any other idea's for sound proofing that really works ?
Please let us know how the sound proofing works out. Thank you

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am currently #6 on the list at CC springs for mine. Did CC service department jump on it when you called it in?
Yes, CC Service is great. Had to wait about 3 weeks for parts though.